Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: This has been asked a million times but . . .
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: This has been asked a million times but . . . Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:14 am
    ----
Can I ask for more than one act of birth in one letter to a Ufficio Civile Stato? Like, say two requests? Is this frowned upon?

Sorry for repeating this oft asked question!

#2: Re: This has been asked a million times but . . . Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:35 am
    ----
I asked for two documents when I wrote and I got them both. I would think it would be easier then requesting one and then another. It would save the clerk from having to mail out two records separately.

#3: Re: This has been asked a million times but . . . Author: Biff83Location: Florida PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:07 am
    ----
I requested three birth and one marriage extract via email to my grandmother's village and received all four extracts within two weeks. On the down side, it's been six weeks since I sent a written request for copies of the integral birth certs to the same office and I still haven't received a response. Perhaps the Anagrafe office is short-staffed due to vacations or perhaps I wore my welcome out with my first request.

Biff

#4: Re: This has been asked a million times but . . . Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:13 am
    ----
Thanks for the input. You know, Biff, at the angrafe office of my town, they were not too willing to give me the integral act. It took a second letter from Riccardo quoting the Italian law to get them to give it up. I hope that this is not your situation.

#5: Re: This has been asked a million times but . . . Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:22 am
    ----
Now that you mention it Lori, Riccardo had to do the same for me. Many of the clerks aren't familiar with the privacy laws so they tend to be a bit weary of releasing the info.

#6: Re: This has been asked a million times but . . . Author: JamesBiancoLocation: Westfield, MA. PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:00 am
    ----
<----done it many times, always with great results.

Very Happy

#7: Re: This has been asked a million times but . . . Author: Biff83Location: Florida PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:12 pm
    ----
nuccia wrote:
Now that you mention it Lori, Riccardo had to do the same for me. Many of the clerks aren't familiar with the privacy laws so they tend to be a bit weary of releasing the info.

Nuccia and Lori,
Based on your comments, it appears I might have a problem getting copies of the integral acts. Hopefully for my maternal grandparents, the Anagrafe office in San Marco in Lamis will send me their birth and marriage extracts since I have nothing official on either of them.

Over four months and still nothing from my cousin, the Anagrafe Ufficiale in San Mango d'Aquino, despite repeated personal and official letters requesting information on my great grandparents and their family. I wish he had never wrote me to let me know we were related and to express his willingness to help. That's made his silence all the harder to bear. I'm almost ready to hang out the white flag and request assistance to search the LDS microfilm records.

Biff

#8: Re: This has been asked a million times but . . . Author: Gina501Location: Houston, Texas PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:26 pm
    ----
wow, Biff...I'm really sorry about that. Is it possible that something happened to him?

#9: Re: This has been asked a million times but . . . Author: Cathy PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:47 pm
    ----
Wow Biff I am sorry too. Let me know the town, what you want and year and I'll request your microfilms for you. I'm always there anyway! Shocked I would be more than happy to find them and email them. Or, I could post them here! Smile

#10: Re: This has been asked a million times but . . . Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:15 pm
    ----
Biff,
If you would like (and you think it might help) - let me know your cousins details and I will try and find a telphone number for him and call him on your behalf. If for nothing else then at least to know that he is OK.....

If you would like me to do this OR phone the ufficio anagrafe then let me have the details either by PM or e-mail. I would be very happy to help you if I can.

#11: Re: This has been asked a million times but . . . Author: Biff83Location: Florida PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:17 pm
    ----
Carole,

Thanks for the offer to call my cousin. I'll PM you with the information I have on him, both at home and at work.

Cathy,

Thanks again. Let's see if Carole's call prompts any action. If not, I'll post the details on the LDS microfilms.

Hugs all around,
Biff

#12: Re: This has been asked a million times but . . . Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:06 am
    ----
I am sorry to hear about that experience, Biff. I know how much effort we all spend to find long lost relatives in Italy and then to have such a long lapse in communication...it is disheartening.

#13: Re: This has been asked a million times but . . . Author: Biff83Location: Florida PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:58 am
    ----
Hello everyone,

I just received this PM from Carole:

Hi Biff,

Well not 10 minutes ago I spoke to 'your' Angelo. It wasn't a long conversation as he doesn't know me at all..... But I explained that I was phoning on your behalf as you had not heard from him and that you were really concerned that perhaps something had happened.

He knew who I was talking about (you...) and said he has just replied and you should get his letter 'soon'.

But the address from the Pagine Bianche is as I explained, and his telephone number is: XXXXXXXXXX

But I would imagine whichever address you used, any letters would get there. It is only a small place and if he works in the comune then everyone will know him - including the postman!

So I guess it's a question of waiting for his letter now!

If I can help in any other way - please don't hesitate to ask. I haven't posted this on the forum - that is up to you if you want to or not!

Best wishes
Carole

Thank you, Carole. kiss

Biff

#14: Re: This has been asked a million times but . . . Author: Biff83Location: Florida PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:19 pm
    ----
Hello everyone,

WOW

The mother lode arrived today. My cousin Angelo Orlando from San Mango sent me bunches of wonderful stuff. No wonder it took him so long to respond. He was researching the entire family for me. I received copies of the Situazione di Famiglia Originaria for my great grandfather and all of the children who married or lived in San Mango. In addtion I received the integral copies of my grandfather's birth act and my great grandparent's marriage act. I now have all the birth and death dates for my great grandparents, their children, the children's spouses, etc recorded in the San Mango archives. Instant family tree.

More later. Off to a meeting.

Biff

#15: Re: This has been asked a million times but . . . Author: Cathy PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:41 pm
    ----
Biff, that is amazing! How wonderful! Finally you got very lucky. Can you post the Situazione di Famiglia Originaria? I have never seen one and would love to see it. If you have trouble posting it you can email it to me and I can post. I am so happy for you.
*dancing the San Mango tango*

Speaking of the San Mango Tango, I found Epifano's in Argentina. Ole!

-> General Discussion Groups