Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Been away a while,back with a new surname (not mine) LoConte
-> Where do I begin?

#1: Been away a while,back with a new surname (not mine) LoConte Author: stevenspringerLocation: Port Jefferson Station, NY PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:46 pm
    ----
My girlfriend is interested in researching her fam but has very limited info. surname is LoConte. her great grandfather was Anthony LoConte lived in the bronx, born 1927 died 1998. My library has cut subscription to heritage quest and left me stranded. Any help is greatly appreciated Smile

sorry i been away so long

#2: Re: Been away a while,back with a new surname (not mine) LoConte Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:05 am
    ----
Hey Steven!

This is the only Anthony I found after doing a quick search..is he the correct one?

1930 United States Federal Census
about Anthony Loconte
Name: Anthony Loconte
Home in 1930: Newark, Essex, New Jersey
View Map
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1930
Relation to Head of House: Son
Father's Name: Generoso
Mother's Name: Ida
Race: White

Education:

Military service:

Rent/home value:

Age at first marriage:

Parents' birthplace:

View image
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members:
Name Age
Generoso Loconte 35
Ida Loconte 28
Antonette Loconte 10
Rose Loconte 8
Beatrice Loconte 6
Michael Loconte 4
Anthony Loconte 1/12

#3: Re: Been away a while,back with a new surname (not mine) LoConte Author: stevenspringerLocation: Port Jefferson Station, NY PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:30 am
    ----
Hey Nuccia, been a long time. im Not sure on that one. hopefully when my girlfriend talks to her grandmother ill have more info. her grandfather is kind of secretive with family info so hes not gonna help out. i know her family lived in the bronx, ny . but i also believe they stayed in the bronx then the younger relatives moved to jersey later on. but hopefully her grandmother has more information for us Smile

#4: Re: Been away a while,back with a new surname (not mine) LoConte Author: stevenspringerLocation: Port Jefferson Station, NY PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:11 am
    ----
new spelling, LOCONTI... that is what her great grandfathers brothers SSDI says (born 1933- died may 2009)

#5: Re: Been away a while,back with a new surname (not mine) LoC Author: Biff83Location: Florida PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:57 pm
    ----
Social Security Death Index
Name: Anthony J. Loconte
SSN: 127-14-xxxx
Last Residence: 10462 Bronx, Bronx, New York, United States of America
Born: 8 Jan 1927
Died: 23 Nov 1998
State (Year) SSN issued: New York (Before 1951)

1932 manifest for a Anthony LoConte born US 8 Jan 1927
Last residence--Antille--best guess Antillo, province of Messina, Sicily
There are listings in Antillo for both Lo Conti's and Lo Conte's in the Italian white pages
Destination: New York to join father Giuseppe at 303 E. 106th St

Page 1

Page 2

I wonder if he was travelling with his mother or someone else since he's only five years old? Notation says admitted in left side of manifest. I'll check for a detainee record.

Detainee Record
Not much info here. Evidently, inspectors questioned his claim of US born.

Biff

#6: Re: Been away a while,back with a new surname (not mine) LoC Author: Biff83Location: Florida PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:44 pm
    ----
Here's a 1924 manifest to keep as a possible for Anthony's father/mother:
Giuseppe Lo Conte from Antillo
with wife Antonia Scoglimbeni
and son Santo going to New York to join relatives at 341 E 105th St.
Giuseppe in the US previously 1921-1924
Occupation--shoemaker
YOB about 1896
Naturalization notations on manifest
Looks like this was a return trip for Giuseppe so he could bring his family back to the states.

Lines 8, 9, 10
Page 1

Page 2

Giuseppe Lo Conte first trip, 1921 manifest, line 20
Nearest relative in Italy--wife Antonina Saglienteni (Sagliembeni/Saglimbene/Saglimbeni?)

Page 1

Page 2

Biff

#7: Re: Been away a while,back with a new surname (not mine) LoConte Author: stevenspringerLocation: Port Jefferson Station, NY PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:55 pm
    ----
wow biff, thanks A lot, that seems to be the one.

-> Where do I begin?