Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Looking for Torrice & Paniccione
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: Looking for Torrice & Paniccione Author: Torrice PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:14 am
    ----
My Great Grandfather Antonio Torrice came to the Uk in the late 1800's and settled in Scotland in 1901, we are unsure of his journey from Italy to Scotland.

He came from Cassino to the Uk but not sure if he was born there, his parents Guiseppe Torrice and Antonia Paniccione died when he was young.

He had a sister called Margharite, (not sure if that is the right spelling).

I am trying to find any details about his life in Italy prior to coming to the UK but more so about his parents and if there were any other uncles and aunts.

Is this the righ site to be asking this question?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

#2: Re: Looking for Torrice & Paniccione Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:02 pm
    ----
Hi Torrice
Welcome to Gente.
My grandparents came to UK from Italy in the late 1800 (from an area quite close to Cassino) and they first settled in London before coming to Scotland around 1902/1903.

Using www.familysearch.org facilities and using your Local Family History Centre, films containing records of on births, deaths and marriages can be ordered, (not expensive to hire the films) but you must go to your nearest F.H.C. to view them but they are recorded in Italian. Even if you cant read Italian there are lots of information available in English to help you find the relevant details and there are lots of nice people here at Gente who would be more than willing to translate documents for you.

Using the above link if you scroll to the bottom of the page and type in your details it will give you a list of your nearest F.H.C. where you can order the films.
This next link shows the list of films availbale for Cassino in Prov. Frosinone

www.familysearch.org/e...o+civile++

(I think this is the correct spelling - Margherita)

Hope this helps you get started. Dont forget though once you start finding information you wont be able to stop searching for more:D
Emmy

#3: Re: Looking for Torrice & Paniccione Author: ItalysearcherLocation: Sora, Italy PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:03 pm
    ----
There are lots of Torrice in Cassino still but I couldn't find any evidence of Paniccione as a surname. Many records for Cassino were lost but what there are can be found on microfilm and ordered from your closest LDS Centre. www.familysearch.org

-> General Discussion Groups