Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Roman Catholic Parish Registers of 'Marriage'
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: Roman Catholic Parish Registers of 'Marriage' Author: ArtusiLocation: New Waverly, Texas PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:44 pm
    ----
In the near future, I'm going to obtain the LDS Films of Marriages for Rovigno, Istria for the time periods of '1755-1816', '1819-1825', & '1825-1907'.

I've previously navigated thru the 'Birth' registers of Rovigno during the time period of 1800-~1830. Thanks to everyone's help with the 'Q' & 'QM', I was able to put to rest some issues with 'births'.

As per 'Marriages', are there any suggestions as per advice, on navigating 'Marriages',....how are the info columns organized?...A seperate column for the bride & groom,....a column for the Priest? Are there any hidden info via 'abbreviations' in the columns?

Also, I plan to go back to the ~1670-1795 time period, as per Rovigno, ....Does the method of entering info on 'Deaths/Births/Marriages' change, or is it still the same format during the early 1800's?

Any suggestions/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Earl Arto

Any suggestions/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Al

#2: Re: Roman Catholic Parish Registers of 'Marriage' Author: LucaLocation: Terni - Italy PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:28 am
    ----
It's not easy to say; each priest used an own way to fill up registers but, generally, they are handwritten (consecutively) and without columns (most of times in latin): if you are lucky you'll find an index at the end of the register Crying or Very sad (this, generally, for periods previous to 1860)
If you find a record with the surname you are looking for, you can post it in the forum and we'll help you to translate it.
Ciao

L.

#3: Re: Roman Catholic Parish Registers of 'Marriage' Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:22 am
    ----
I also think Jim has posted several baptismal and church records on his site

Carini Exchange. You may want to go there and have a look at some of the records to get an idea of how they might read - but as Luca said, each priest is different.

#4: Re: Roman Catholic Parish Registers of 'Marriage' Author: ArtusiLocation: New Waverly, Texas PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:20 pm
    ----
Dear Luca & Nuccia: Thanks a lot for the input/advice. The Texas Diocese records of the early 1800's have shown the same thing as Luca was saying,......"It depends on the Priest".

I would strongly assume that those registers of the 1600's,....there will be a 'Condition Problem' as per readibility,....who knows.

As per the 'Latin Input', if that will be the case, I would really appreciate your help in translating.

When I get the time, soon, I'll post some info on the 'Angelini Family' that basically went from Venice to Rovigno in ~1671. It will basically be the Father and the Sons that migrated there. It might help someone whom is of the Angelini's, etc..

Thanks Again,

Earl Arto

-> General Discussion Groups