Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Not understanding word???
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: Not understanding word??? Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:21 am
    ----
In going through some death indexes yesterday, I located a person I was looking for but in the next column was the word listed below:

Why would the word "rettifica" be put in a column next to a name but without any reference to parents, etc. Not even sure if the number listed before the name is the actual registry no.

lilbees

#2: Re: Not understanding word??? Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:01 pm
    ----
Rettifica = correction, adjustment, amendment
To answer to your question I need to see the document...

#3: Re: Not understanding word??? Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:19 pm
    ----
Thanks, I will back up and find it. Will go to imageshack after I find it again. It's in my notes.

lilbees

#4: Re: Not understanding word??? Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:21 pm
    ----
Finally found my notes and copy of what I found in the death index.

i460.photobucket.com/a...img014.jpg

Later in the index I found this:

i460.photobucket.com/a...ovanna.jpg

Just a little confused. How do I know they are the same Giovanna? I do have 2 belong to different brothers and Natale is not one of them, he is from a different family.

lilbees

#5: Re: Not understanding word??? Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:36 am
    ----
lilbees wrote:

i460.photobucket.com/a...img014.jpg
This is an index and to me it means that the record nr 10 of Part II series C for the year 1927 contains a modification (correction) about Giovanna Rescigno. You should check that record.

lilbees wrote:

Later in the index I found this:

i460.photobucket.com/a...ovanna.jpg

Just a little confused. How do I know they are the same Giovanna? I do have 2 belong to different brothers and Natale is not one of them, he is from a different family.

lilbees
Again, you need to check the actual record.

#6: Re: Not understanding word??? Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:47 am
    ----
Thanks Livio, will check it out.

lilbees

-> General Discussion Groups