Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Help with translation
-> Translations

#1: Help with translation Author: tjbrnLocation: North Carolina PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:26 pm
    ----
I'm having a little difficulty with the groom's mother's name and the bride's mother's name on the following marriage document.

img109.imageshack.us/i...mg2780.jpg

img69.imageshack.us/im...mg2781.jpg

#2: Re: Help with translation Author: LucaLocation: Terni - Italy PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:29 am
    ----
Caterina Provenzano and Anna Li Mandri(!).

L.

#3: Re: Help with translation Author: tjbrnLocation: North Carolina PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:09 pm
    ----
Thanks, Luca. Is Rosa's surname or her mother's surname mentioned in Rosa's death certificate?

img6.imageshack.us/i/d...sadra.jpg/

#4: Re: Help with translation Author: LucaLocation: Terni - Italy PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:33 pm
    ----
Rosa Dragotto vedova del fu Cristofalo, figlia di Antonino e Angela.
I think that Rosa's surname is not mentioned (if Dragotto is Cristofalo's surname, obviously).

L.

#5: Re: Help with translation Author: tjbrnLocation: North Carolina PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:41 pm
    ----
I was hoping I had missed something, Luca. I guess there was no one left alive who could provide information about Rosa's parents Sad

More name difficulties on this marriage certificate. Particularly the bride's surname and her father's given name, and the mother's name if it is not Paola di caro Smile

img214.imageshack.us/i...g2739p.jpg
img260.imageshack.us/i...g2740u.jpg

#6: Re: Help with translation Author: LucaLocation: Terni - Italy PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:55 pm
    ----
tjbrn wrote:
I guess there was no one left alive who could provide information about Rosa's parents
I think it could be so.

img214.imageshack.us/i...g2739p.jpg
img260.imageshack.us/i...g2740u.jpg
I read: Gaspare Dragotto (son of Ignazio and the late Andreana La Rocca) and Maria Teresa(!) Cavalori (daughter of Matteo Cavalori - Cavalosi?, Cavaloti? - and Paola di Caro).

L.

#7: Re: Help with translation Author: tjbrnLocation: North Carolina PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:24 pm
    ----
Thanks, Luca. The following death certificate is very difficult to read. I'm having difficulty with Giuseppe Monte's father's name.

img262.imageshack.us/i...iusepp.jpg

#8: Re: Help with translation Author: LucaLocation: Terni - Italy PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:34 am
    ----
Non si apre Confused

L.

#9: Re: Help with translation Author: tjbrnLocation: North Carolina PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:20 am
    ----
I upload it again.

img51.imageshack.us/i/...usepp.jpg/

#10: Re: Help with translation Author: LucaLocation: Terni - Italy PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:05 pm
    ----
Io ci leggo "figlio di parenti ignoti di professione contadini" Shocked
L'unica spiegazione è che le persone che hanno fatto la dichiarazione di morte non si ricordavano i nomi dei genitori di Giuseppe e l'ufficiale di stato civile è stato costretto a mettere parenti ignoti. Non credo, invece, che Giuseppe fosse realmente un "foundling", altrimenti non avrebbe senso l'indicazione della loro professione.

L.

#11: Re: Help with translation Author: tjbrnLocation: North Carolina PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:03 pm
    ----
Thanks, Luca. What an interesting turn of events! Was his age listed as 65 or 75? I thought it was 75 but I'm not sure. It's stated he was born in Palermo and as you say the people who reported his death may not have known very much about him.

I believe that same Giuseppe Monte is mentioned in this death certificate for Benedetto Monte.

img231.imageshack.us/i...2815f.jpg/

#12: Re: Help with translation Author: LucaLocation: Terni - Italy PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:40 pm
    ----
tjbrn wrote:
Was his age listed as 65 or 75?
Confused Confused Maybe 75.
tjbrn wrote:
I believe that same Giuseppe Monte is mentioned in this death certificate for Benedetto Monte.
Potrebbe essere (se mi confermi che sono giusti gli anni 1829 per la morte di Giuseppe e 1832 per la morte di Benedetto fu Giuseppe).

L.

-> Translations