Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Translation of notation on birth record
-> Translations

#1: Translation of notation on birth record Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:54 pm
    ----
Could someone translate this notation. I believe it is a marriage but can't make it out.

i460.photobucket.com/a...th1868.jpg

I have edited this to insert the actual birth record below. Maybe I have the birth date wrong:

i460.photobucket.com/a...1868-1.jpg

Thank you,
lilbees

Last edited by lilbees on Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

#2: Re: Translation of notation on birth record Author: tjbrnLocation: North Carolina PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:31 pm
    ----
Maybe...
Number 618 dated 16 June 1870
Emilia Benigno and Giuseppe Infante (?) married on 23 June 1870

#3: Re: Translation of notation on birth record Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:27 pm
    ----
Thanks for your efforts Tom. The notation is on the birth record for Emilia Rescigno. From what I have she was born 5 Aug 1868. Father's name is also Giuseppe. Possible celebration of marriage to a Giuseppe ?. Cannot read the last name or date of possible marriage?

#4: Re: Translation of notation on birth record Author: tjbrnLocation: North Carolina PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:53 pm
    ----
I certainly missed the surname Embarassed I also tend to use as high a resolution image as I can on my Mac so that I can blow it up to decipher what is written. It is hard to read but the experts will come to your rescue. Unfortunately, as I look at the image, I start seeing more than there is probably in the document. For example there appears to be a name Salvatore following Giuseppe's. And there appears to be two dates 1860 and another 23 June 1868.

#5: Re: Translation of notation on birth record Author: LucaLocation: Terni - Italy PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:43 am
    ----
Emilia Rescigno-
Annotazione. Nel di sedici (16) Giugno
in questo Ufficio si รจ celebrato matri-
monio sotto al numero centosedici (116)
tra Emilia Rescigno con Giuseppe
Infante di Salvatore nato qui nel
milleottocentosettanta (1870). Castella-
mare ventitre (23) Giugno milleottocen-
tottantotto (1888). L'assessore delegato.

L.

#6: Re: Translation of notation on birth record Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:32 am
    ----
Thank you Luca. Quick response as usual. Much appreciated

lilbees

-> Translations