Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: I give up!!! Can't read bride's name
-> Translations

#1: I give up!!! Can't read bride's name Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:45 pm
    ----
Just pulled the birth record for Pasquale Gentile. It is noted on the record his marriage I believe dated 3 Jun 1940.

The bride's name is unclear to me. I just can't read it correctly.

i460.photobucket.com/a...903pg1.jpg

Thanks for any help.

lilbees

#2: Re: I give up!!! Can't read bride's name Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:54 pm
    ----
Well I thought it looked like Ruspantini Annita so I tried that name in the Pagine Bianche for Castellammare Di Stabia and it gave one result... the surname here though has a different ending - but who knows - it may be a start.

Pagine Bianche

and this link shows you how close Via Nocera 4 (shown on the Birth Certificate) is to this address where there are Ruspantino/i today:
Via Nocera

#3: Re: I give up!!! Can't read bride's name Author: LucaLocation: Terni - Italy PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:55 pm
    ----
The marriage took place on May 19th 1940 and the bride's name was Ruspontini (but i think the real surname could be Ruspantini) Annita.

L.

#4: Re: I give up!!! Can't read bride's name Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:28 pm
    ----
Thanks Carol. Wonder if the restaurant is any good.

Luca, there are 2 dates. What is the 2nd date on the note, 3 Jun 1940 . Is that the day the marriage was registered with the civil authorities or the church? I wasn't familiar with the given name of Annita. Sorry.

lilbees

#5: Re: I give up!!! Can't read bride's name Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:51 am
    ----
The 3 June 1940 date is when the annotation was made in Pasquale's birth act. The marriage took place in Roma which could be Annita's birthplace.

-> Translations