Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Looking For Caranto
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: Looking For Caranto Author: gc42 PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:37 pm
    ----
Question Hi friends. I am looking for the surname 'Caranto' from Italy. Some members left Italy in the early 19th Century to settle in the Philippines.
We have tried several sources, yet very few names come up. Any suggestions?

#2: Re: Looking For Caranto Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:50 pm
    ----
Do you have any idea from which part of Italy they were from?

#3: Caranto Family Author: gc42 PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:56 pm
    ----
Very Happy Thanks for your quick reply. No, we don't know what area theymay have lived. We did find a few Carantos who departed Naples by boat and came to the U.S., but that is all. I know, it is like finding a needle in a haystack.

#4: Caranto Family Author: gc42 PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:07 pm
    ----
Very Happy One other piece of information re: Caranto Family: The one Caranto who left Naples in 1907 to Boston, was from Messriea, a place in Messora
Lombardia, southwest of Milano. I don't know if he--Giovanni Caranto--belongs to our family.

#5: Re: Looking For Caranto Author: Biff83Location: Florida PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:18 pm
    ----
Family Search Labs has an index of Philippine marriages.

search.labs.familysear...000#p=home

Enter
Caranto in last name
Philippines in location

Unfortunately, there are no images but you might find someone by going through the listings.

Biff

#6: Re: Looking For Caranto Author: gc42 PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:54 am
    ----
Very Happy Thanks Biff. We will look that up.

#7: Re: Looking For Caranto Author: gc42 PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:59 pm
    ----
Sad We tried the family search you suggested and came up empty. Most of the names on the list married between 1905-1948, much later than our family. Our family arrived in the early 19th Century and intermarried between 1830-1880 in Pangasinan. There are many descendants still living there but we have no contact with them. Thanks.

-> General Discussion Groups