Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Beef Brasciole - lost mom's recipie
-> Recipes

#1: Beef Brasciole - lost mom's recipie Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:57 pm
    ----
Does anyone have this? The one I know about had sausage, chopped hardboiled eggs, bread crumbs and cheese, rolled in thinly pounded beef, browned and put into the spagghetti sauce.

Anyway, something like this.

lilbees

#2: Re: Beef Brasciole - lost mom's recipie Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:04 pm
    ----
I think my mom has one similiar to this one. I am not sure if she uses the sausage though but you can add it I am sure. I'll ask her tonight.

#3: Re: Beef Brasciole - lost mom's recipie Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:23 pm
    ----
Hey thanks Nuccia, look forward to it. FYI, sausage was not used all the time.

lilbees

#4: Re: Beef Brasciole - lost mom's recipie Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:45 pm
    ----
Ok..Just got off the phone with mom. She uses a thin piece of veal laid out flat and lightly salted. In a bowl she mixes bread crumbs, parsley, grated cheese, mozzarella, a hardbolied egg chopped, a bit of garlic powder and salt to taste and some spaghetti sauce (just a bit.) She lays it out on the veal, rolls it and ties it up. Then she browns it and then adds it to the sugo.

Does this sound like the recipe you were thinking of?

#5: Re: Beef Brasciole - lost mom's recipie Author: choprjohnLocation: Florida PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:22 am
    ----
Nuccia; sounds like my families recipe, except we used beef, & sometimes added pine nuts Johnnie

#6: Re: Beef Brasciole - lost mom's recipie Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:45 am
    ----
Yummy..pine nuts sound good. Yea my mom uses beef sometimes too but she says veal doesn't get as dark or as tough as beef. I think either works.

#7: Re: Beef Brasciole - lost mom's recipie Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:00 pm
    ----
Nuccia, thanks a bunch. That definitely will do it. When my dad made them he used veal. When mom made them she used round steak pounded.

I agree with the veal, that is real veal if you can find it.

Not everyone uses hard boiled eggs. I use whole hard boiled layered in my lasagna as well.

Okay, this is all making me hungry. I have a pot of sauce on the stove that I will put up in the freezer and some for using later in the week. Have to shop around for the meat for the rolls.

lilbees.

-> Recipes