Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Help Translating Death Certificates
-> Translations

#1: Help Translating Death Certificates Author: tjbrnLocation: North Carolina PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:54 pm
    ----
I'm having a little difficulty with the mother's name. Also does this DC indicate that the deceased child was not born in San Giuseppe?

img685.imageshack.us/i...licata.jpg

#2: Re: Help Translating Death Certificates Author: LucaLocation: Terni - Italy PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:32 pm
    ----
The mother's name was Providenza Guarneri. Maria Licata (age months 3)was born in San Biagio.

L.

#3: Re: Help Translating Death Certificates Author: tjbrnLocation: North Carolina PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:55 pm
    ----
Thanks, Luca.
I am having difficulty reading the given name of the deceased. Was she married to Andrea Caruso?

img519.imageshack.us/i...licata.jpg

#4: Re: Help Translating Death Certificates Author: Cathy PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:01 pm
    ----
I am no Luca but I see Andrea Caruso.

#5: Re: Help Translating Death Certificates Author: JamesBiancoLocation: Westfield, MA. PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:31 pm
    ----
She died in the house of Andrea Caruso, but her husband's first name is strange, it might say "wife of the aforementioned Caruso" or wife of ?Predetto Caruso. Luca will clear it up I'm sure.

#6: Re: Help Translating Death Certificates Author: LucaLocation: Terni - Italy PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:45 pm
    ----
Palma Licata di anni 33 moglie del predetto [Andrea] Caruso, nata e residente in San Giuseppe, figlia di Leonardo e Rosaria.

L.

#7: Re: Help Translating Death Certificates Author: tjbrnLocation: North Carolina PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:50 pm
    ----
Grazie, Luca. Isn't Palma a rather unusual name?

#8: Re: Help Translating Death Certificates Author: tjbrnLocation: North Carolina PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:18 pm
    ----
This death certificate is really hard to read.

img706.imageshack.us/i...cmonte.jpg

#9: Re: Help Translating Death Certificates Author: LucaLocation: Terni - Italy PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:19 pm
    ----
Not so unusual. The name was usually given to a child born the day called Domenica delle Palme (Palm Sunday).

L.

#10: Re: Help Translating Death Certificates Author: LucaLocation: Terni - Italy PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:26 pm
    ----
tjbrn wrote:
This death certificate is really hard to read.

img706.imageshack.us/i...cmonte.jpg

Benedetto Monte, age 35, son of the late Giuseppe and the late Angela ???, housband of Maria ???, deceased 1832 August 30th.

L.

#11: Re: Help Translating Death Certificates Author: tjbrnLocation: North Carolina PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:21 pm
    ----
Once again, thanks Luca. The word before Benedetto was the one that was giving me the most difficulty. Angela Buttacavoli. And maybe Maria Barrela Question

#12: Re: Help Translating Death Certificates Author: LucaLocation: Terni - Italy PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:09 pm
    ----
tjbrn wrote:
The word before Benedetto was the one that was giving me the most difficulty.
... รจ morto nell'ex fondo di S. Boreo(?), in questo territorio, Benedetto Monte...

L.

-> Translations