Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Translation of Marriage.
-> Translations

#1: Translation of Marriage. Author: MikeSavoca91 PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:47 pm
    ----
Hi Everyone,

Hope all are well. I've been M.I.A. for a while; school, work, and some personal matters have kept me more than busy for a long time. Now I finally can get back to some genealogy.

So I was wondering, could someone translate my gr-gr-gr-grandparent's Marriage Act? It's the first Marriage Certificate that I have worked with, so I don't know what information is on there. Any help would be great!

Thank you!

img685.imageshack.us/i...n0001s.jpg

Mike Very Happy

#2: Re: Translation of Marriage. Author: LucaLocation: Terni - Italy PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:10 pm
    ----
The year 1876, the day 2 of December, at 9,17 a.m. in the municipal house of Castiglione di Sicilia, Catania province. In front of me Giuseppe Sardo Ruggeri mayor and registrar... appeared:
Carlo Di Sano, 23, ploughman, born and residing in Castiglione Sicilia, son of the late Carlo (sic!) and Rosa Brunetto
Giuseppa Lomonaco, 18, ploughwoman (does this word exist?), born and residing in this town, daughter of Rosario and the late Antonina Zumbo...

These are the principal data, then there is the consent of the couple, the pointing out about the articles of the civil code concerning marriage, the mention of the banns and the names of the witnesses.

L.

#3: Re: Translation of Marriage. Author: MikeSavoca91 PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:22 pm
    ----
Thank you very much Luca! I wonder what a polughman or woman is? I will see what I can find out about that.

#4: Re: Translation of Marriage. Author: LucaLocation: Terni - Italy PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:28 pm
    ----
MikeSavoca91 wrote:
I wonder what a polughman or woman is?
www.wordreference.com/.../ploughman

#5: Re: Translation of Marriage. Author: MikeSavoca91 PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:41 pm
    ----
Wow, that's great. Thanks so much again!

-> Translations