Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Procura della Repubblica di Varese
-> Northern Italy

#1: Procura della Repubblica di Varese Author: cherylcLocation: Ann Arbor MI USA PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:23 am
    ----
Hello all! Okay, I received a letter from the mayor of Porto Ceresio -- my GGF's birth town. The kind mayor wrote that due to a fire in the municipal building on December 15, 1944 many records from 1874 were destroyed. He advised me to write to the Procura in Varese as they MAY have a copy of his birth record in the archives. A fellow from another forum found the address and email address for me, however, I am not comfortable with what to write in Italian. Can anyone help me compose an email? Thanks in advance!

#2: Re: Procura della Repubblica di Varese Author: cherylcLocation: Ann Arbor MI USA PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:43 am
    ----
Never mind! I wrote it with google translate, my dictionary and memories I thought were long gone Rolling Eyes

#3: Re: Procura della Repubblica di Varese Author: DonnaPellegrin PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:51 am
    ----
Good job, cherylc, I have written many requests the same exact way and have received many good results over the years. And, what's more, I get better at it with every letter that I write. Well done and good luck!

#4: Re: Procura della Repubblica di Varese Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:44 pm
    ----
Good luck!

#5: Re: Procura della Repubblica di Varese Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:36 pm
    ----
Good luck. Keep us posted!

-> Northern Italy