Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Carole
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: Carole Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:24 pm
    ----
Hi Everyone..

I have had a few pm's and emails asking where Carole has been and if shes ok so I figured I would just let everyone know that she is alright but has been a bit sick lately and very tied up in translations. Personally, I have heard her sound better but she assures me she is fine and will be back soon.

If you get a chance, you may want to send her an email and let her know you're thinking about her - of course you could also post here if you prefer.

Thanks for thinking about her. She appreciates the thoughts. Smile

#2: Re: Carole Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:11 pm
    ----
Hey Carole!!!! I'm finally back and now you're gone Sad Get well soon kiddo and don't work too hard Smile

#3: Re: Carole Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:38 pm
    ----
What a relief! I have been quite worried about you Carole. Besides, not having jokes from you is quite unsettling.

Please get well soon.

Barb Yeoman

#4: Re: Carole Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:23 pm
    ----
Carole I hope you feel better soon but dont overdo things and dont sit at the computer for too long either.
I'm going to try to 'walk' a bit more but my wee pooch Bengy wont walk on a leash so its been suggested I put him in the basket of my walker and that I put Gizzy on a leash so they both can get out with me but I have a better idea - I think I would be better in the basket and get someone to train the dogs to push me Very Happy Very Happy Wink Wink
(problem with that though dont think walkers come with a basket that would fit me)
Now Carole just imagining that hopefully will make you smile.
But Take Care
Love God Bless
Emmy

#5: Re: Carole Author: Cathy PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:37 pm
    ----
Carole, I really hope you feel better soon! Take things easy - the translations will be there when you feel better.

#6: Re: Carole Author: JoeBLocation: Chicago Area PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:23 pm
    ----
Spring is just around the corner Carole. That's the medicine that will cure whatever ails you.
Wishing you the best...Joe B.

#7: Re: Carole Author: ElevenLocation: New York PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:04 am
    ----
Get well soon, Carole!

#8: Re: Carole Author: uantitiLocation: Biella (Piedmont) and Venezia/Venice, Italy PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:29 am
    ----
I'll be waiting for you at the Disco, downtown....... Rolling Eyes

Ada

#9: Re: Carole Author: VincenzaLocation: Michigan PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:10 pm
    ----
Get well, Carole!

#10: Re: Carole Author: RobertLocation: London, UK PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:50 pm
    ----
Thank you Nuccia - we have been trying to get hold of Carole (via Facebook, Skype, etc) with no luck and were getting very worried - will let the rest know she is okay(ish).

#11: Re: Carole Author: Biff83Location: Florida PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:58 pm
    ----
Carole,

Hope you feel better soon. If you want to get out of the cold weather, we've got a nice guest room down here in Southwest Florida.

Un abbraccio,
Biff

#12: Re: Carole Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:18 am
    ----
A big thank you first of all to Nuccia who is like a Mother hen to me....
and then to all you wonderfully caring people - your concern is really appreciated. To know someone cares is really a wonderful boost...

I've not really been around 'anywhere' recently because, among other things, I'm up to my eyes in a bunch of legal translations... and you try breaking your train of thought when you're in the middle of a page full of plaintiffs, defendants, heretofore, wherefore, where-in's etc. etc. I've had to cut myself off to cope with it as the client is going to make a handsome donation to "Gente di Mare" for the job. I can live with that, as a site like ours isn't inexpensive to run...

But perhaps worse than all that is the fact that I' not keeping too well in myself either. I just can't shake off the cold/chill I got in mid December when first I lost the electricity and then the boiler flooded the attic. Add the arthritis to that and the psoriasis on my legs which is getting worse - PLUS - just to make things easier (NOT!) I'm not sleeping well at all. My legs are very painful with the psoriasis and the 'restless leg syndrome' and I think I mentally don't want to go to bed. If I sleep in the armchair the legs don't hurt, but the sleep, alas, isn't very restful.

The Mutt is good company (bless him), and he's his usual self - but I'm sure he's a bit pissed off with me 'cos a lot of days when I get up late he just 'gets to go' on the balcony/terrace (and before you tell me off - I can say that 'cos he's a dog.....hahahaha) - I can wash that down easily. But up and down the stairs is now not too good for me either with my legs like this. But I have a young lad who comes and gives him a good walk 3 days a week so at least he does get out a bit.

I've just not been feeling like going to all the forums over recent weeks, some bore me at times, and others I don't seem to have a lot to say as nothing seems to happen to me at the moment. I want to start up my old blog again too - if I can get myself 'in gear'. Anyone would think I was in my nineties the way I am at the moment. But I've never felt like this before. I never let anything beat me - ever! But now I'm finding it difficult coming to terms with my reduced capabilities in some fields of everyday life - and I don't like it...

But 'enough already' - why don't I stop whinging and just get on with my life - I am alive after all - AND living here is such a bonus too.

I hope I'll be back among all my friends very soon, but until then I'll just say thank you for caring and......

"Arriverderci a presto

#13: Re: Carole Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:14 pm
    ----
So glad to see you post Carole and you're always in my prayers. I'll say an extra one so that chill of yours will go away for good Very Happy

kiss kiss kiss

#14: Re: Carole Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:14 pm
    ----
Hi Mum,
I'm glad you at least stopped by. We all miss you but you really need to take care of yourself more than anything else. Everyone has been pitching in and lending a hand so take care of you - and we'll all still be here when you get back. Unless of course you're meeting Ada at the disco or flying out to Biff's..... Wink

#15: Re: Carole Author: JamesBiancoLocation: Westfield, MA. PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:29 pm
    ----
So good to see you post Carole Smile Sorry to hear about your legs.. hope they improve soon!

-> General Discussion Groups