Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: One more - please tell me the difference
-> Translations

#31: Re: One more - please tell me the difference Author: LucaLocation: Terni - Italy PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:05 am
    ----
uantiti wrote:
Was the sun very strong yesterday in your town?....... Mr. Green
Maybe the extreme cold has been very dangerous for me! Wink

l.

#32: Re: One more - please tell me the difference Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:21 am
    ----
Luca wrote:

(e adesso chi glielo traduce a Nuccia e a Billie???) Shocked

L.

Italian I can understand (for the most part) Wink

kiss

#33: Re: One more - please tell me the difference Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:34 am
    ----
What I have found frustrating is that after 1870 the rules changed. For marriages after that it seems it was enough to have the bride and grooms birth records. I found 3 other marriages with the same situation.

lilbees

#34: Re: One more - please tell me the difference Author: uantitiLocation: Biella (Piedmont) and Venezia/Venice, Italy PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:11 pm
    ----
Lilbees,
"Processetti" were compulsory according to Napoleon's Code (actually Gioacchino Murat Napoleon, brother in law to Napoleon Bonaparte) in Southern Italy

Napoleone Re delle due Sicilie

The rules of that code were followed until the Kingdom of the Two Sicilies was integrated into the Regno d'Italia (1861) but many Town Halls kept on using the same code for many years after. I believe by 1866 all Town Halls started to follow the same rules and by 1875 they had pre-printed forms to fill up.

Ada

#35: Re: One more - please tell me the difference Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:34 pm
    ----
Ada, so the 2 allegatti I have are incomplete. There is a "processetti" also available for each. One may be more complete. Strange, I thought they were the same.

lilbees

#36: Re: One more - please tell me the difference Author: uantitiLocation: Biella (Piedmont) and Venezia/Venice, Italy PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:05 pm
    ----
Lilbees,
I have no idea if there is more for your "Allegati". As said, "Processetti" and "Allegati" are the same thing: Enclosures. There might be a lot of enclosures or just a few. Or just they were not microfilmed. As an example, in my ancestors town marriage acts and banns, they always mention enclosures attached to the acts but they only microfilmed the acts and not the enclosures.

Ada

#37: Re: One more - please tell me the difference Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:53 pm
    ----
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!

lilbees

-> Translations