Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: photo enlargment
-> Photo Swap and Fix It Shop

#1: photo enlargment Author: choprjohnLocation: Florida PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:30 am
    ----
Can this photo be enlarged? I tried to make it larger, but it was really out of focus & blurry Thanx Johnnie

#2: Re: photo enlargment Author: tjbrnLocation: North Carolina PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:45 am
    ----
If you have the photo in your possession, you might try scanning it at the highest possible resolution available on your scanner. The resultant file will be much larger and may not need to be enlarged. If the photo was blurry to begin with, the scanning will not help, however.

I should add that attempting to enlarge this photo--it's only about 6 kilobits in size--is futile. Rescanning at a higher resolution will certainly improve your chances of obtaining decent results.

#3: Re: photo enlargment Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:22 am
    ----
Sorry meantime Johnnie
I've had a ago at enlarging the photo but like you it becomes a bit blurred
When I get a bit free time I'll try something else on another prog. but I've a feeling it may have something to do with the amount of 'pixels' when the photo was taken. but there again I'm no expert but I'm always willing to help if I can.

(I've just had my graphic tablet replaced so I must try to figure out how to work that and to make sure its working ok before its too late to return it if it still doesnt work- big problem is they havent sent me any more detailed instructions as I requested. Guess I should have enclosed a photograph of myself when I had to return it to the firm -then probably they would have had detailed instructions enclosed re why someone like me should be trying to work it in the first instance Rolling Eyes Wink Wink )

Emmy

#4: Re: photo enlargment Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:21 am
    ----
If you have the original please email to me at ejffts @ gmail.com (no spaces before and after the @ symbol). I will upload here to the forum at it's original size..........someone might be able to better help then.

Smile

#5: Re: photo enlargment Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:52 pm
    ----
I think that may make a difference Elizabeth.
I have tried all different ways of scanning it today and trying to make the image sharper but every try was even more distorted.
Emmy

#6: Re: photo enlargment Author: choprjohnLocation: Florida PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:42 pm
    ----
Elizabeth, I dont have the original, so I emailed you the only copy of the pic I have, which is the same size as I posted here. Sorry Thanx Johnnie

#7: Re: photo enlargment Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:19 pm
    ----
choprjohn wrote:
Elizabeth, I dont have the original, so I emailed you the only copy of the pic I have, which is the same size as I posted here. Sorry Thanx Johnnie

I just checked my email and you're correct........it won't work because it's so small. Is there any chance you might be able to get the original which should be bigger?

-> Photo Swap and Fix It Shop