Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Help with letter to Varese Commune
-> Translations

#1: Help with letter to Varese Commune Author: Tonio70 PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:10 pm
    ----
I am in need of some assistance in writing a letter to the Commune of Varese for a birth register of my GGF. I had previously received a Atti di Nascita, unfortunately they erred and incorrectly put the wrong birth date, they stated the 10th and really it is the 16th. I already had a few people on this forum verify ( I posted a birth record from Italy) that he was actually born on the 16th. I have drafted a letter, which I will post, but I just need clarification that it would be correct in language. Also, can someone help me explain briefly in the letter that an error was made in the birth date. Would I need to include a copy of the original Atti di Nascita I recieved for easier reference? Any assistance regarding this matter is greatly appreciated. Thanks All.

A copy of the letter I drafted:

Egregi Signori,

Mi chiamo Antonio Achini, ed abito negli Stati Uniti all'indirizzo sopradetto. Cerco delle informazioni su mio grande--di nonno grande, Giovanni Achini. È stato nato nel comune di Varese. Cerco questi dati di sapere meglio la mia famiglia, e trovare il mio relativo lei ha rimato in Italia.

Voi stessi il sarei molto grato se ha potuto inviarmi il Estratto dai registri degli atti di nascita di Giovanni Achini, nella carta libera. Era nato 16, maggio, 1883. Il cognome del padre, Achini, Prenome del padre, Battista, il Cognome della madre, Frattini, Prenome del Natalina di madre. Mi ringrazio in anticipo per la sua cortesia e per la fretta, e prega per mi addebitare tutte le spese postali e dei certificati.

I saluti diversi,

#2: Re: Help with letter to Varese Commune Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:29 am
    ----
I personally suggest that you avoid using on-line translators, the result is sometimes difficult to understand. There are several sites with form letters www.angelfire.com/ok3/...tters.html

By the way I don't think you can find a letter matching your case and I would write it as follows:

Dear Sirs,
on mm dd yyyy you have sent me the attached "Estratto per riassunto degli atti di nascita" of my g-grandfather, Giovanni Achini, born in Varese on May 16 1883. Unfortunately there is a typographical error since the birth day was written as 10th instead of 16th.
I therefore ask you to send me, asap, the correct document with the correct birth date.
Best regards

Egregi signori,

in data dd mm yyyy mi avete inviato l'allegato "Estratto per riassunto degli atti di nascita" relativo al mio bisnonno Giovanni Achini, nato a Varese il 16 maggio 1883. Purtroppo il documento inviatomi contiene un errore di trascrizione per cui il giorno di nascita risulta essere il 10 invece del 16.
Vi prego pertanto di volermi inviare con la massima urgenza un nuovo documento con la data di nascita corretta.

Distinti saluti
....Signature

Your address here

You should include in the envelope the Estratto that you already received

#3: Re: Help with letter to Varese Commune Author: Tonio70 PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:23 pm
    ----
Thanks a million for your assistance, much appreciated. I will let you know of my results.

Very Happy

-> Translations