Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: New - WW1 Casualties List
-> Resource Pages

#1: New - WW1 Casualties List Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:31 am
    ----
This was sent to me by a very good friend and thought you might all find it as useful as I did.

Caduti della Grande Guerra

To use this site:
1. Go to Cerca negli Albi
2. The list is arranged by groups of provinces, so for example 9 is for Reggio, Catanzaro and Cosenza soldiers who died in WW1
3. Click on the click Caduti Grande Guerra
4. Scroll down and you will get a group of buttons A-Z
5. Click on the first letter of the surname of the person who you are researching.
6. Use the list of names like you would the telephone book (remember to check the page before and after as well and alternative spellings of the surname). This is a great way to see if your surname has changed through the years.

And that's it. Enjoy! Smile

#2: Re: New - WW1 Casualties List Author: JamesBiancoLocation: Westfield, MA. PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:13 am
    ----
Thanks for that link! That is a really great resource.

Very Happy

#3: Re: New - WW1 Casualties List Author: uantitiLocation: Biella (Piedmont) and Venezia/Venice, Italy PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:56 pm
    ----
Unfortunately, casualties from Northern regions are not listed......

Ada

#4: Re: New - WW1 Casualties List Author: MauroMagsLocation: New Jersey PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:55 pm
    ----
I'm not seeing any of the provinces from Apulia...

#5: Re: New - WW1 Casualties List Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:04 pm
    ----
I believe they may still be updating these lists. Lets hope so because I know there are so many more records to be found.

#6: Re: New - WW1 Casualties List Author: danibmLocation: Buenos Aires, Argentina PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:39 pm
    ----
Hi,

Also, in the website of the Italian Ministry of Defense.

Banca Dati sulle sepolture dei Caduti in Guerra - Database of the fallen in two world wars.

See: Caduti in Guerra

#7: Re: New - WW1 Casualties List Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:09 pm
    ----
Yes, thank you Daniela for reminding me of this site. I was on it this morning and it is also a really great resource. Smile

#8: Re: New - WW1 Casualties List Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:19 am
    ----
Nuccia, how wonderful the site is. Found several family members. What is also nice is that it shows if the individual was decorated as well during their service.

lilbees

#9: Re: New - WW1 Casualties List Author: MauroMagsLocation: New Jersey PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:10 pm
    ----
There is a surname in my family line that dissipates quickly after the time of my great grandparents.. I always wondered why, since my research showed so many males in the family line, yet no links to the present day...

Now i see from this database that two of the male lines were killed in WWI. Kind of a sad way to figure out a mystery.

#10: Re: New - WW1 Casualties List Author: charliemisLocation: Philadelphia PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:10 am
    ----

Great website, I was able to find my 1st cousin who died in WWI

Nome: PIETRO
Cognome: ARDITO
Data di Nascita: 14/2/1920

Luogo di Nascita: CORATO

Luogo Sepoltura: BARI - SACRARIO MILITARE CADUTI "OLTREMARE"
Data Decesso: 1/1/1941
Luogo Decesso: PERMET - VERB.10659

Does anyone know what/where PERMET - VERB.10659 is?

#11: Re: New - WW1 Casualties List Author: uantitiLocation: Biella (Piedmont) and Venezia/Venice, Italy PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:38 am
    ----
charliemis wrote:

Great website, I was able to find my 1st cousin who died in WWI

Nome: PIETRO
Cognome: ARDITO
Data di Nascita: 14/2/1920

Luogo di Nascita: CORATO

Luogo Sepoltura: BARI - SACRARIO MILITARE CADUTI "OLTREMARE"
Data Decesso: 1/1/1941
Luogo Decesso: PERMET - VERB.10659

Does anyone know what/where PERMET - VERB.10659 is?

Hi Charliemis,

The word "Verb." is an abbreviation and stands for "Verbale" which means, in this case, Report or Record. As you will see it's followed by a number.
I have no idea what the other word "PERMET" means but I just found that there is a place in Albania with such name and this might be the place where he died. In any case this refers to WWII.

Ada

#12: Re: New - WW1 Casualties List Author: uantitiLocation: Biella (Piedmont) and Venezia/Venice, Italy PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:54 am
    ----
See this:

Permet

Hope it helps.

Ada

#13: Re: New - WW1 Casualties List Author: charliemisLocation: Philadelphia PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:30 am
    ----

Thanks Ada

#14: Re: New - WW1 Casualties List Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:28 am
    ----
MauroMags wrote:
I'm not seeing any of the provinces from Apulia...
Sorry for not responding earlier...
You should look under Puglia.

#15: Re: New - WW1 Casualties List Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:30 pm
    ----
Very true Livio - Puglia was not on there before so it looks like they have updated the site. Some Magarelli's from Molfetta are here:

www.cadutigrandeguerra...%5C305.jpg

-> Resource Pages