Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: family in Reggio de Calabria
-> Where do I begin?

#16: Re: family in Reggio de Calabria Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:08 pm
    ----
Oh I'm sorry Lisa..
I missed your last post. Weekends tend to get a bit busy around here.
You can try searching for living family members using the Italian White Pages. You can just plug in the surnames you are looking for and see if anything comes up. You can then either try writing a letter to the persons you are interested or call them if you feel comfortable.
Unfortunately, I am in Canada so calling Italy is not something I can really do for you. You will have to do that on your own.

Feel free to compose a letter that you might like to send to potential relatives in English introducing yourself, and post it on our translation board. Someone will help translate it for you.

#17: Re: family in Reggio de Calabria Author: Lisa PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:14 pm
    ----
thank you Nuccia; I appreciate all your help. This is the furthest I have ever gotten with researching my family tree. You are wonderful!
I am planning on visiting Italy in a year or so and would like to see if I can connect beforehand. With regard to my grandmother Jennie Verzi; were you able to findout any info on her?
Thank you again!
Lisa

#18: Re: family in Reggio de Calabria Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:46 pm
    ----
This looks like it could Jennie and her family in the 1920 Census:

1920 United States Federal Census
about Jennie Verzi
Name: Jennie Verzi
Home in 1920: Brant, Erie, New York
Estimated birth year: abt 1911
Birthplace: New York
Relation to Head of House: Daughter
Father's Name: Micheal
Father's Birth Place: Italy
Mother's Name: Teresa
Mother's Birth Place: Italy
Marital Status: Single
Race: White
Sex: Female
Image: 386
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members:
Name Age
Micheal Verzi 31
Teresa Verzi 28
Jennie Verzi 9
Samuel Verzi 7

Looks like Micheal arrived in 1903 and Teresa in 1895 so perhaps they married in the USA?

Here are Micheal's WW1 Draft Registration Card info:

World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918
about Michael Verzi
Name: Michael Verzi
County: Erie

Says hes from Callamo(?) Palermo Italy. Looks like you have some Sicilian ancestry too!
State: New York
Birthplace: Italy
Birth Date: 29 Sep 1888
Race: Caucasian (White)
FHL Roll Number: 1712370
DraftBoard: 3

-> Where do I begin?