Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: YOUR Websites...link them here :)
-> About Us

#61: Re: YOUR Websites...link them here :) Author: JamesBiancoLocation: Westfield, MA. PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 7:58 am
    ----
Great job Steven, when are you putting up the Italian side?

#62: Re: YOUR Websites...link them here :) Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 10:03 am
    ----
Nice pictures, Steve! Also, neat that you are starting this family history research at a relatively young age.

Wink

#63: Re: YOUR Websites...link them here :) Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 12:27 pm
    ----
Nice job Steve.

#64: Re: YOUR Websites...link them here :) Author: stevenspringerLocation: Port Jefferson Station, NY PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 2:39 pm
    ----
My italian side is up Smile i had more documents then i thought, Soon i will start picture galleries Smile i still have to add in manifests and census info due to the fact there were more children born here

I have a question, my great grandfather francesco had an older sister Annunziata, she isnt listed on the stato di famiglia but my great grandfather, any idea why?

#65: Re: YOUR Websites...link them here :) Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 3:10 pm
    ----
Perhaps they missed her when they did up the document? I have heard of that happening before.

#66: Re: YOUR Websites...link them here :) Author: JamesBiancoLocation: Westfield, MA. PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 3:15 pm
    ----
These documents were filled out yearly. She would have been enumerated on her own Anagrafe with husband and children most likely.

If you could find a year previous to her marriage, you would find her listed with her parents.

Last edited by JamesBianco on Wed May 14, 2008 3:28 pm; edited 2 times in total

#67: Re: YOUR Websites...link them here :) Author: stevenspringerLocation: Port Jefferson Station, NY PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 3:26 pm
    ----
im sorry, she was 3 years younger then my great grandfather, So im thinkin she was born 1905, My great great grandfather came over in 1905, Maybe the stato di famiglia for 1905 would be under Felicia Marianna DiLenge?

#68: Re: YOUR Websites...link them here :) Author: JamesBiancoLocation: Westfield, MA. PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 3:30 pm
    ----
That might just work, but getting a specific year might be tricky.

This is what an original Anagrafe/Stato di Famiglia looks like (You have a typed extract, but not all information is included)

Anagrafe for Antonino Marciano & Family

#69: Re: YOUR Websites...link them here :) Author: stevenspringerLocation: Port Jefferson Station, NY PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 3:31 pm
    ----
yes james, yours looks alot better then mine Sad lol I wonder why mine was typed?

#70: Re: YOUR Websites...link them here :) Author: JamesBiancoLocation: Westfield, MA. PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 3:36 pm
    ----
I don't know why they don't put on all the information when they send the extracted record to people. My Stato just photo-copied the record from the books. These books are HUGE too, like 3 feet across.

#71: Re: YOUR Websites...link them here :) Author: stevenspringerLocation: Port Jefferson Station, NY PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 3:38 pm
    ----
JamesBianco wrote:
I don't know why they don't put on all the information when they send the extracted record to people. My Stato just photo-copied the record from the books. These books are HUGE too, like 3 feet across.
that would be great if mine did that, instead everything I have is typed and stamped by them

#72: Re: YOUR Websites...link them here :) Author: Cathy PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 12:01 pm
    ----
Well, I think it is about time to announce my new website “Cosenza Exchange” . After “prompting” from Nuccia and James Bianco, I purchased the domain several months ago. Like the other exchanges, it’s purpose is to house the documents of Cosenza Province. I have extracted and added some records of my grandfather’s comune there and the most wonderful James Bianco has been kind enough to scan and upload Rende Birth acts there. Since my family history center has many Cosenza Province microfilms, I will be adding more towns too. I have a San Fili film on order so that will be added too if it ever actually comes in. Shocked Yikes! What have I gotten myself into?
My next project for this page is a links page for genealogy related links. Several of you have changed web addresses, etc. So if you would be so kind, please let me know your current website addresses if you would like me to provide a link to your site.
The original vision for the “exchanges” is a free flowing sharing of documents and information. So if anyone has any Cozenza Province documents they would like to upload let me know! hide

COSENZA EXCHANGE

#73: Re: YOUR Websites...link them here :) Author: JamesBiancoLocation: Westfield, MA. PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 12:09 pm
    ----
Wonderful Job Cathy! You should be very proud, it's beautiful.

kiss

#74: Re: YOUR Websites...link them here :) Author: AetherLocation: Americas, Italy PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 12:35 pm
    ----
Cathy,

Congratulations! Great work! I will be in Calabria soon and if I see anything of interest to you will write.
I love to explore the paesine - not the comune archives, but parishes and talk to people - learn a lot!
Wonderful small museums and collections which tell so much about local life way back!
I like to put names and social history together with photos of places and people! Wonderful people!

Aether kiss

#75: Re: YOUR Websites...link them here :) Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 12:44 pm
    ----
What can one say?

Totally awesome Cathy. What a fine piece of work you have produced here for others to use and learn from...

BRAVA!

And just because I know you like them...this is for you!!!

-> About Us