Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Marriage cert. - Rende & Guagliardi - help!!!
-> Where do I begin?

#1: Marriage cert. - Rende & Guagliardi - help!!! Author: guada8379 PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:34 pm
    ----
Hello,
I am trying to locate my greatgrandparents marriage certificate. All I know are their names EUGENIO RENDE (born in Aprigliano, Cosenza, in 1876) and ANGELA or ANGELINA GUAGLIARDI (??? I don't know where she was from exactly but I do know she was born either in 1883 or 1884).
They departed from Naples to Argentina in 1908 with 2 daughters: Filomena and Vicenzina.
Anyone who can help me out there????

That would be great!!!
Thanks,

Guada

#2: Re: Marriage cert. - Rende & Guagliardi - help!!! Author: Biff83Location: Florida PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:14 pm
    ----
Welcome to Gente, Guada

On the Cosenza archives site (link below), if you search for Eugenio Rende, there is a draft record for a Eugenio Rende, born 15 Dec 1876 in Aprigliano. Father Rocco; mother Filomena De Vuono. If this is the correct Eugenio and you do not have his birthdate, this will help if you write for his records.

Cosenza Archives

Biff

#3: Re: Marriage cert. - Rende & Guagliardi - help!!! Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:52 am
    ----
I believe the name would be Angelina Gagliardi which is a very common surname in that part of Cosenza.

#4: Re: Marriage cert. - Rende & Guagliardi - help!!! Author: Cathy PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:30 am
    ----
Biff83 wrote:
Welcome to Gente, Guada
Father Rocco; mother Filomena De Vuono.
Biff
Welcome Guada!
I think that name should be DeBuono . Another common name in the area. The archive is great but I have found more than a few mistakes.

#5: Re: Marriage cert. - Rende & Guagliardi - help!!! Author: uantitiLocation: Biella (Piedmont) and Venezia/Venice, Italy PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:41 pm
    ----
Cathy wrote:
Biff83 wrote:
Welcome to Gente, Guada
Biff
Welcome Guada!
I think that name should be DeBuono . Another common name in the area. The archive is great but I have found more than a few mistakes.

I checked the Italian telephone directory and there are more than 80 listings for De Vuono in Cosenza area while there are 20 De Buono.... Wink

Ada

#6: Re: Marriage cert. - Rende & Guagliardi - help!!! Author: Cathy PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:55 pm
    ----
uantiti wrote:
Cathy wrote:
Biff83 wrote:
Welcome to Gente, Guada
Biff
Welcome Guada!

I checked the Italian telephone directory and there are more than 80 listings for De Vuono in Cosenza area while there are 20 De Buono.... Wink

Ada
Embarassed OOPS! Sorry

#7: Re: Marriage cert. - Rende & Guagliardi - help!!! Author: uantitiLocation: Biella (Piedmont) and Venezia/Venice, Italy PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:26 pm
    ----
nuccia wrote:
I believe the name would be Angelina Gagliardi which is a very common surname in that part of Cosenza.

Sorry to be such a nuisance (or a pain) but I checked also this surname. In Aprigliano there are 3 Gagliardis and 20 Guagliardis.... Wink

Ada hide

#8: Re: Marriage cert. - Rende & Guagliardi - help!!! Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:56 pm
    ----
You're not a pain, Ada. Thank you for taking the time to look this up. At least we now have some options which is always a good thing. I didn't find any Guagliardis in Aprigliano for the years 1800-1900 (or in any of Cosenza) on the Cosenza archive site. I did find several De Vuono's, Rende's and Gagliardi's though.

A Brother of Eugenio's
SIAS Code IT-ASCS-F680258
Ufficio Leva della Provincia di Cosenza, Enlistment year 1883.Volume number 192,
document number 97 page 107 section a
Michele Rende, contadino enlisted on 14/07/1903
born on 21/04/1883 to APRIGLIANO
son/daughter of Rocco Rende and of Filomena De Vuono
I also found this which may be helpful..

SIAS Code IT-ASCS-F680708
Municipality of APRIGLIANO. Volume number 34, document number 115 page -
Filomena De Vuono born on 26/08/1842
son/daughter of Pietro De Vuono, bracciale, 50 years and of Rosa Covello, filatrice

#9: Re: Marriage cert. - Rende & Guagliardi - help!!! Author: Rende3Location: California PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:53 pm
    ----
Guada - My name is Kevin Rende and I think we are related.
My Grt-Grt Grandfather was Eugenio Rende's brother.

I would Love to connect with you.
Can you e-mail me at: Hztrexplr @ hotmail.com ??

I have done extensive research through Ancestry.com, & Archivio di Stato di Cosenza to trace the Rende, De Vuono Family and I would love to learn about your Family.

Looking forward to your response.
Sincerely, Kevin Rende, Hztrexplr @ hotmail.com

#10: Re: Marriage cert. - Rende & Guagliardi - help!!! Author: guada8379 PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:20 pm
    ----
Rende3 wrote:
Guada - My name is Kevin Rende and I think we are related.
My Grt-Grt Grandfather was Eugenio Rende's brother.

I would Love to connect with you.
Can you e-mail me at: Hztrexplr @ hotmail.com ??

I have done extensive research through Ancestry.com, & Archivio di Stato di Cosenza to trace the Rende, De Vuono Family and I would love to learn about your Family.

Looking forward to your response.
Sincerely, Kevin Rende, Hztrexplr @ hotmail.com

Hello Kevin!

What a surprise! You know, I was in Aprigliano in 2011 and when looking at the old registry books I found more siblings of my greatgrandfather Eugenio Rende. I also went to the Archivio di Stato in Cosenza looking for more info.
I would like to get in touch to you too, I sent you an email to the address you gave me but I am not sure whether it went through or not.
You can also email me at gp.translations @ yahoo.com

I look forward to hearing from you.
Kind regards,

Guada

-> Where do I begin?