Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Boystown in SanFili
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: Boystown in SanFili Author: MaryFranLocation: chicagoland PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:41 pm
    ----
Does anyone know if there is a Boystown in this city? My uncles were suppose to have a a cornerstone dedicated to my greatgrandmother there.
Would like to see when I go in June.

#2: Re: Boystown in SanFili Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:09 am
    ----
There is an actual "Boystown" there this site might be of some help. I'm still looking to see if there is an address for the location in San Fili

www.citrag.it/boystown...cades.html

#3: Re: Boystown in SanFili Author: Cathy PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:08 am
    ----
Wow Elizabeth! Great find!

#4: Re: Boystown in SanFili Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:51 am
    ----
Thanks Cathy but I still can't find an actual address. I'm thinking that MaryFran might want to send an email to the official site for San Fili and ask for the location. What do you think?

#5: Re: Boystown in SanFili Author: Biff83Location: Florida PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:00 am
    ----
My best guess from the Italian Yellow pages; if my Italian's correct "Citta Dei Ragazzi" translates to Boystown:

Comune Di Cosenza Citta' Dei Ragazzi
Via Panebianco
87100 Cosenza (CS)
tel: 0984 391188

Not in San Fili but about 9 to 10 kms away.

Biff

#6: Re: Boystown in SanFili Author: MaryFranLocation: chicagoland PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:32 pm
    ----
I want to thank everyone for all the help. We will be driving from Naples to Consenza then head to Bari,and Faeto Foggia where my father was born. These are all the places my relatives have come from. If anyone has any tips for my Irish American husband and myself on this journey that would be great. Maryfran

#7: Re: Boystown in SanFili Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:49 pm
    ----
Awesome Biff!!

#8: Re: Boystown in SanFili Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:23 pm
    ----
MaryFran wrote:
I want to thank everyone for all the help. We will be driving from Naples to Consenza then head to Bari,and Faeto Foggia where my father was born. These are all the places my relatives have come from. If anyone has any tips for my Irish American husband and myself on this journey that would be great. Maryfran

You will love Cosenza. The towns are so small but the people quite nice. And be careful if you are planning to take pictures of the tombstones..I think you actually need permission to do that. Also, do not, under any circumstances take any pictures or videos of the military police! That almost got my husband arrested on or honeymoon! lol lol

-> General Discussion Groups