Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Latin help
-> Translations

#1: Latin help Author: Cathy PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:44 pm
    ----
I found this baptism (the first one on the page - on the left) of a baby with no first name. I know the cross in the side column means this baby died. But I don't understand why there is no first name. The couple listed Pasquale Crivaro & Rosa Falcone I assume are the parents (I descend from them). Why is there no name? Were Pasquale and Rosa the parents or was this baby found by them? The baptism is here

Thank you.

#2: Re: Latin help Author: LucaLocation: Terni - Italy PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:02 am
    ----
Cathy wrote:
I found this baptism (the first one on the page - on the left) of a baby with no first name. I know the cross in the side column means this baby died.
Yes, it is highly probable that the baby died in a few hours after the birth.
But I don't understand why there is no first name.
Me too. Maybe the Priest didn't register the act immediately and he forgot the name, so he did leave a blank space to fill it in a second time and then he forgot (and two!) to write it.
The couple listed Pasquale Crivaro & Rosa Falcone I assume are the parents (I descend from them). Why is there no name? Were Pasquale and Rosa the parents or was this baby found by them?
They were the parents, and the baby was a female.

L.

#3: Re: Latin help Author: Cathy PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:33 am
    ----
Thank you Luca!

-> Translations