Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Reply from Military District=Translate?
-> Translations

#1: Reply from Military District=Translate? Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:52 am
    ----
I received this reply to an e mail I had sent:

Quote::
Prot. nr. 8832 in data 20/04/2010.
In merito all' e-mail prot. con n. 8621 in data 19/04/2010, di cui in oggetto, si comunica quano segue:
l'istanza deve essere inviata, all'Archivio di Stato Piazza Abate Conforti n. 7 - 84100 Salerno (e-mail: assa @ archivi.beniculturali.it) che conserva i ruoli matricolari e le liste di leva "storici" Si rappresenta, in merito, che questo Centro Documentale custodisce i fogli matricolari sia degli iscritti, la cui documentazione non sia stata trasferita in altri Centri Documentali per passaggio di residenza, nelle liste di leva dei comuni della provincia di Salerno, dalla classe 1919 e di Avellino dalla classe 1913; sia di coloro la cui documentazione risulta essere stata trasferita per motivi di residenza.
Centro Documentale di Salerno - Sez. Documentazione

Could someone translate I have another I will post in a separate request.

lilbees

#2: Re: Reply from Military District=Translate? Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:43 am
    ----
Quote::

Prot. nr. 8832 in data 20/04/2010.
In merito all' e-mail prot. con n. 8621 in data 19/04/2010, di cui in oggetto, si comunica quano segue:
l'istanza deve essere inviata, all'Archivio di Stato Piazza Abate Conforti n. 7 - 84100 Salerno (e-mail: assa @ archivi.beniculturali.it) che conserva i ruoli matricolari e le liste di leva "storici" Si rappresenta, in merito, che questo Centro Documentale custodisce i fogli matricolari sia degli iscritti, la cui documentazione non sia stata trasferita in altri Centri Documentali per passaggio di residenza, nelle liste di leva dei comuni della provincia di Salerno, dalla classe 1919 e di Avellino dalla classe 1913; sia di coloro la cui documentazione risulta essere stata trasferita per motivi di residenza.
Centro Documentale di Salerno - Sez. Documentazione

Note: This email is not written in Italian but in Burocratese which is a very special Bureaucratic slang, some times very difficult to understand. The key point of the letter is what I highlighted in bold... Wink

With reference to your email of Apr 19 2010:
The request must be sent to
Archivio di Stato
Piazza Abate Conforti n. 7
84100 Salerno
(e-mail: assa @ archivi.beniculturali.it)

that keeps the ruoli matricolari and the historical conscription lists. We inform you that this Centro documentale keeps the fogli matricolari related to people registered in the conscription lists of the towns belonging to the province of Salerno class 1919 and Avellino class 1913, unless their documentation was transferred in other Centro Documentale as a result of a change of residence; and related to people whose documentation was transferred for residency reasons.

#3: Re: Reply from Military District=Translate? Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:43 am
    ----
Thanks Livio, you are right. Another passing the buck. I had already written back and forth with the Salerno Archives and they deny having any of the military books in question. Makes you wonder sometimes.

lilbees

#4: Re: Reply from Military District=Translate? Author: uantitiLocation: Biella (Piedmont) and Venezia/Venice, Italy PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:51 am
    ----
liviomoreno wrote:

Note: This email is not written in Italian but in Burocratese which is a very special Bureaucratic slang, some times very difficult to understand. Wink

This is why I choosed to translate the other one and left this one for you Livio....I knew you were going to translate and felt I had to give you a chance. Amn't I generous? Mr. Green

Ada Wink

#5: Re: Reply from Military District=Translate? Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:40 am
    ----
uantiti wrote:
liviomoreno wrote:

Note: This email is not written in Italian but in Burocratese which is a very special Bureaucratic slang, some times very difficult to understand. Wink

This is why I choosed to translate the other one and left this one for you Livio....I knew you were going to translate and felt I had to give you a chance. Amn't I generous? Mr. Green

Ada Wink
Now I understand...
Very kind! Razz

#6: Re: Reply from Military District=Translate? Author: uantitiLocation: Biella (Piedmont) and Venezia/Venice, Italy PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:21 pm
    ----
liviomoreno wrote:

Very kind! Razz

Grazie!! Mr. Green

A.

#7: Re: Reply from Military District=Translate? Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:41 am
    ----
lilbees wrote:
Thanks Livio, you are right. Another passing the buck. I had already written back and forth with the Salerno Archives and they deny having any of the military books in question. Makes you wonder sometimes.

lilbees

If you decide to write again to Salerno, you should also attach the above email...

#8: Re: Reply from Military District=Translate? Author: lilbeesLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:34 am
    ----
Would love to but many of the clerks there have been very kind and made efforts on my part. Others, well..........

I have learned I need to be kinder to the local comune director since he has now informed 2 individuals calling on my behalf that he holds not books prior to 1866. Interesting becuase I received some documents back to the 1840s from him before. If I could afford an on-site researcher I think it would be found that they do hold book prior to that date. I realize in a small comune that the staff is limited so on-site would be the best.

In lieu of a trip (if I could afford it) hiring a researcher for the area would be best. (I think they cost about the same from the quotes I have gotten)

lilbees

-> Translations