Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: I'm back - well, sort of!
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: I'm back - well, sort of! Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 7:36 am
    ----
Tomorrow it is June (already!!!!) - yet here it is still like April.... I've managed to survive the worst winter (health wise) for a long time. The weather here has been pretty dire and recently in May we had 17 days of constant rain with just one glimpse of the sun. The cold/chill I got when the heating and the boiler started leaking before Christmas just seemed to stay with me month after month. All in all it has been a winter I don't wish to remember in any shape or form.

The result of all this 'feeling off color' was several bouts of bronchitis accompanied by totally unsocial behavior.... I didn't want to see, or talk to anybody. Any visitors I had got short shrift, and rarely got beyond the front door and I was a totally unsociable excuse for a human being

....But things are looking up now and I'm feeling - if not 100% - a lot better and a little more sociable. The 'ticker' and the arthritis are 'bearable' but I haven't slept really well for sometime. I now face the task of chasing my tail and trying to catch up with what is happening, but give me a couple of weeks and I should be back among the land of the living again! One advantage (?) of being 'off color' has been the 'effortless' wight loss since Christmas... I've lost a total of 36lbs!!!!

#2: Re: I'm back - well, sort of! Author: tjbrnLocation: North Carolina PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 9:54 am
    ----
Glad to see you back, Carole. We've missed you and that boatload of animals with which you grace this forum Very Happy

#3: Re: I'm back - well, sort of! Author: Cathy PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 10:08 am
    ----
Carole, glad to see you back again. Gente is not Gente without you!

#4: Re: I'm back - well, sort of! Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 1:11 pm
    ----
Hi Mum! Sent you a message on skype yesterday and this morning but have not heard back. Perhaps you haven't seen it yet. Call me later. I should be around for a while.

#5: Re: I'm back - well, sort of! Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:03 am
    ----
Glad to see you're back Carole Very Happy I'd post some dancing banana's but I'm afraid I'd get the old ...... adminpower Wink

Glad you're feeling better.

#6: Re: I'm back - well, sort of! Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:03 pm
    ----
Welcome back Carole! I have had bronchitis from time to time and it really takes a lot out of you.

#7: Re: I'm back - well, sort of! Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:25 pm
    ----
Great to see you posting again Carole but sorry that you've had such a bad winter and fingers crossed with the better weather you'll feel a bit better too.But take care and dont push yourself and dont overdo things.

Thinking about you
Love and God Bless
Emmyxx

ps Carole think re those 36lbs you lost I think they found their way over here to Scotland.

#8: Re: I'm back - well, sort of! Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:36 am
    ----
Thanks for the kind words and best wishes everyone - they really do mean a lot....

I'm slowly reading through what seems to be a mountain of 'posts' and I now know what people like Susan Boyle feel like when the postman calls or when they switch on the computer - it's quite daunting......

But I shall take my time - no more are those 'stress filled days' for me. I've noticed over these recent months that my organizational 'skills' have all but disappeared. At the moment I couldn't organize a party in a brewery - just the thought reduces me to a wreck !!!! I'll be making sure, in future, that my 'PC Time' is liberally interspersed with moments like this.........

#9: Re: I'm back - well, sort of! Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:05 pm
    ----
Carole, just what I need to do too, I think I'll need to come and join you.
Emmy xx

#10: Re: I'm back - well, sort of! Author: Cathy PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:20 pm
    ----
Carole wrote:
At the moment I couldn't organize a party in a brewery
Hey! That sounds great to me!! If you need help with that party in the brewery I would love to help! Wink I dined with friends in a micro brewery last week so I feel qualified for the job lol

#11: Re: I'm back - well, sort of! Author: Cathy PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:33 pm
    ----
Of course!! Welcome to Gente! Very Happy

#12: Re: I'm back - well, sort of! Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:10 pm
    ----
Hi Kelly
As Cathy said [quote]Of course!! you're welcome/quote]
I'm sure you will find there are lots of great people here on this forum who will answer any posts you submit.
Why dont you tell us a little bit about yourself?

Emmy

#13: Re: I'm back - well, sort of! Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:04 pm
    ----
Kelly's account has been suspended ...she is a known spammer. We won't be hearing from her again under this name.

#14: Re: I'm back - well, sort of! Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:25 pm
    ----
Thanks for that Nuccia
Just how you manage to keep up with all that I'll never know.
Is it possible they could just re-register using a different name?
Emmy xx

#15: Re: I'm back - well, sort of! Author: Cathy PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:04 pm
    ----
It made me sad looking at this thread! Crying or Very sad

-> General Discussion Groups