Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: searching for my maternal grandfathers family in italy
-> Northern Italy

#1: searching for my maternal grandfathers family in italy Author: krystal.duck PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:52 pm
    ----
my maternal grandfathers name is Samuel Fuda and he was born in Italy on 9 Jun 1937. I am not sure what region, but I believe he was 1 of 11 brothers and sisters. Samuel immigrated to Australia when he was 4 years old (Sydney I think).

trying to find a birth town/place and any family that may still be in italy.

any help would be great. thanks.

#2: Re: searching for my maternal grandfathers family in italy Author: BillieDeKidLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:44 am
    ----
Hi Krystal and welcome to Gente. Is there anything at all you can tell us about your grandfather? Have you heard any family stories about where he may have come from or are there any elderly relatives you might be able to ask? Was he married in Italy or elsewhere? If he was married elsewhere you might be able to get his marriage records which should state where he was from. Also do you know if he naturalized? If he did his naturalization papers will specify where he was from. Please let us know if there is anything else at all you can tell us about him.

Thanks

-> Northern Italy