Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Family Tree Magazine's 101 Top Websites for 2010
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: Family Tree Magazine's 101 Top Websites for 2010 Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:34 pm
    ----
Well Family Tree Magazine has named their picks for 101 top websites for 2010 ans there are no Italian sites listed (surprise, surprise).

I am not only disappointed but a bit upset - and no, not because we weren't included but because most European resources were once again overlooked. DO the people who write these lists honestly believe that there is only a handful of sites year after year (and usually they are the same sites over and over again) that are worthy to be named? And does everyone only come from limited ethnic groups ????

I wrote this earlier today..

gentedimareitaliangenealogy.info/

What do you all think?

#2: Re: Family Tree Magazine's 101 Top Websites for 2010 Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:57 am
    ----
Well said, Nuccia! At least in my part of the US, you are either Irish or Italian, so to have no web sites listed for those two heritages seems sort of crazy!

#3: Re: Family Tree Magazine's 101 Top Websites for 2010 Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:10 am
    ----
Thanks Lori. Hopefully others feel the same too and will speak up, otherwise this will continue on. One of the only reasons I don't buy certain genealogy magazines is that they never have much to could help me with my Italian research. Let's see what happens.

#4: Re: Family Tree Magazine's 101 Top Websites for 2010 Author: Cathy PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:23 pm
    ----
I have to agree here. I do not know many people who cannot trace their ancestry somewhere in Europe yet these magazines and the biggest genealogy websites have next to nothing on Europe. It's really a shame. And Lori, Chicago is the same - you are either Irish, Italian or German. My Catholic high school classmates were 3/4 Italian and Irish and 1/4 everything else.

-> General Discussion Groups