Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: BIRTH CERTIFCATE
-> Where do I begin?

#1: BIRTH CERTIFCATE Author: marge PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:13 pm
    ----
HI, I'M LOOKING FOR MY FATHER'S, MOTHER'S MADIEN NAME. I WOULD LIKE A COPY OF HIS BIRTH CERTIFCATE. IF I CAN GET THAT I'M HOPING HIS MOTHER'S MAIDEN NAME WOULD BE ON THE CERTIFCATE. MY FATHER WAS BORN IN CARPINO FOGGIA, ITALY. SEPT. 10, 1893.

THANKING YOU IN ADVANCE. MARGE

#2: Re: BIRTH CERTIFCATE Author: charliemisLocation: Philadelphia PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:35 pm
    ----

There a couple of options:

You can write to the Comune and request an Atto di Nascita (should be in Italian and there are folks here who would help to translate your request). You should be able to get the address here or you could possibly send them an email, but that not always work:

www.comunecarpino.it/contatti.html

or

You can order microfilm from the Family History Library of the Church of Latter Day Saints for the town for births for the years covering that period:

www.familysearch.org/e...umns=*,0,0

You need to check this website for the town of Carpino Italy, then locate the FHC library nearest your home, go there and order the microfilm (main library and repository is in Salt Lake City) --- when the film comes in they will contact and then you need to go through the microfilm for that year and date to find the correct record.

I hope that this helps.

#3: Re: BIRTH CERTIFCATE Author: marge PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:48 pm
    ----
Charlie, thank you for responding to my request. I would like to write the Comune and request the Atto Di Nascita. could you get me hooked up with them. My grandfather's name was Pasquale Russo, grandmother was Teresa Russo, don't know her madien name. My father, Vincenzo Russo, birth Sept. 10, 1893, in Carpino Foggia, Italy. If there is a marriage certificate for Pasquale Russo and Teresa Russo. don't what year they were married, would love to know. Thanks, Marge

#4: Re: BIRTH CERTIFCATE Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:37 am
    ----
Hi Marge,
Welcome to Gente. You can use the following site to help you with writing letters to Italy.

www.angelfire.com/ok3/...tters.html

Hope this helps.

#5: Re: BIRTH CERTIFCATE Author: marge PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:59 pm
    ----
Hi Nuccia, thank you I will try that site. Marge

#6: Re: BIRTH CERTIFCATE Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:59 pm
    ----
Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

#7: Re: BIRTH CERTIFCATE Author: marge PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:43 pm
    ----
Hi, I'm looking my fatrher's birth certificate he was born. Vincenzo
Russo. September 10, 1893. In Foggio Campanio, Italy. Thank You, Marge
email address: margeeyres @ aol.com

#8: Re: BIRTH CERTIFCATE Author: gillaf1 PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:13 am
    ----
This post is basically the same as your 1st post. Did you ever try to find it using some of the replies from the people trying to help you? It seems that you know where he was born. Therefore, why not write to town and ask for a copy?

-> Where do I begin?