Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Reading the age on a death record
-> Translations

#1: Reading the age on a death record Author: CowryShells PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:52 pm
    ----
Hello!
I'm having trouble reading the age of the deceased on this death record. It's from the processetti for an 1829 marriage. I believe the deceased is the grandfather of the groom.
a.imageshack.us/img821...rd1749.jpg

Here's what I understand so far:
... sede io quì sottoscritto, .......... Parroco di Santo Antonio Abate
de questo comune per l'anno... avendo...

Il diciannove maggio, mille settecento quarantanove / 19 maggio
1749 /
Onofrio Mercaldi marito d' Angela Pascale ....

.... San Marco in Lamis, due agosto, mille ottocento
ventinove ..... 1829

Thank you very much for your help!

#2: Re: Reading the age on a death record Author: LucaLocation: Terni - Italy PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:24 pm
    ----
Fo [=faccio] fede io quì sottoscritto, Parroco della parrocchia di Sant'Antonio Abate
di questo comune di San Marco in Lamis, come avendo perqui-
sito il libro dei defunti, fra l'altre ho trovata la seguente
particola v(idelicet)[=cioè]

Il diciannove maggio, millesettecentoquarantasette / 19 maggio
1747 /
Onofrio Mercaldi marito di Angela(!) [or Agata] Pascale di anni 40 circa, mu-
nito coi santissimi sagramenti, morì, e fu sepolto nella chiesa parrocchiale
xxx suddetta. San Marco in Lamis. Due agosto milleottocento-
ventinove / 2 agosto 1829

L.

#3: Re: Reading the age on a death record Author: CowryShells PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:33 pm
    ----
Thank you very much, Luca! I appreciate all the extra translation too.

#4: Re: Reading the age on a death record Author: CowryShells PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:41 pm
    ----
Luca,

May I ask a few questions?

Do you see that the 4 in the date "19 maggio 1747" is written quite differently from the 4 in the age "40 circa" ?

It looks like two different people could have written those 4s. Or could it be that the age is 50 instead?

Another question about the year, the digits look like 1749. It was suggested to me that the sette may have been written over with the word nove.

I'd appreciate your thoughts. Thank you!

Anne

#5: Re: Reading the age on a death record Author: LucaLocation: Terni - Italy PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:09 pm
    ----
CowryShells wrote:
Do you see that the 4 in the date "19 maggio 1747" is written quite differently from the 4 in the age "40 circa" ?... Or could it be that the age is 50 instead?
I can't say if it's really a 4 or a 5. I think that it can be a 4, but the handwriting it's not clear.

Another question about the year, the digits look like 1749. It was suggested to me that the sette may have been written over with the word nove.
The number it's not clear, but the part written with the letters seems to be "sette":

#6: Re: Reading the age on a death record Author: CowryShells PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:55 pm
    ----
Thank you, Luca, for your feedback. I appreciate you looking at this again for me.

-> Translations