Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: I am pretty sure I'm not the only one...
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: I am pretty sure I'm not the only one... Author: chanchisfea PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:11 pm
    ----
Is anyone else listening to Elvis today?

Believe it or not, I was just 7 when he died, I still remember hearing the news of him dying and how sad my mom was that day (yep, at the opposite end of the world we knew of him, lol)...

A few weeks back the show "The Best Next thing" had a couple of Elvis impersonators and my kids saw them there and have been asking about Elvis, wanting to hear his music...so, today we have made it Elvis day!! Tivo will be recording anything Elvis today, so they can watch him (not an impersonator, lol) Very Happy

Yep, my kids are as weird as their mother! I am just hoping my boy masters Elvis' hip movement Very Happy Mr. Green Shocked

Liz Cool

#2: Re: I am pretty sure I'm not the only one... Author: Cathy PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:21 pm
    ----
Is today the anniversary of his death? I will have to flip on my Elvis CD. My best friend Mary LOVED Elvis - I never liked me that much until I got older. Now everytime I hear Elvis, I think of Mary. Hard to beleive this fall with be the 22nd anniversary of her death....I still miss her so.

#3: Re: I am pretty sure I'm not the only one... Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:50 pm
    ----
Yup..been listening to Elvis all day too.

I remember hearing the news of his death while sitting in the kitchen with my mom. My cousin Amie was so in love with him and she had just purchased tickets to go and see his show. He died before she got to go. She was so devastated..

Hey, if your son can move like him then you'll be beating off the ladies in a few years. Of course, being part Latin and part Italian, he bound to have the moves, no?

-> General Discussion Groups