Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Question regarding old photo
-> Photo Swap and Fix It Shop

#1: Question regarding old photo Author: lynne PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:45 am
    ----
After months of pleading (LOL!) for pictures of my Alia side of the family, one of my second cousins sent me a picture (via e-mail) of my great grandfather, Vincenzo Alia, my great uncles Joseph and Vincenzo, and my great aunt Carmella taken in April of 1940 on my Uncle Vincenzo's wedding day. I'm unsure if I'll be able to secure the original of this photo. Is there a way for me to make a decent copy or two without having the original? Thanks. Smile (I tried attaching the photo, but it's too big). Sad

#2: Re: Question regarding old photo Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:27 am
    ----
Lynne it would depend on if it was scanned at a high resolution I would think. Then you would have to play around with the sizing and color and use photo and good quality paper - or put the copy on a flash drive and take it in to a photo shop and see what you can do. Its fairly cheap and you can get it back quickly.

#3: Re: Question regarding old photo Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:03 am
    ----
Not an expert but what I have done in the past is copy the photograph from your email into your pictures folder then from there take it into 'paint' on the computer and then you can either reduce or increase the size then save it back into your picture folder again using a different title. from there you can print it or save it on to a CD to take to a professional printer to have a copy made.
Hope it helps
Emmy Very Happy

#4: Re: Question regarding old photo Author: lynne PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:11 pm
    ----
Thanks for your replies, Nuccia and Emmy. I'm happy to say the photo is of very good quality. Nuccia, I sent it to your e-mail. Can you take a look at it and tell me what you think? Thanks. Smile

#5: Re: Question regarding old photo Author: lynne PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:19 pm
    ----
Nuccia, I sent it to your home e-mail...

#6: Re: Question regarding old photo Author: rfornalLocation: Columbus, Ohio PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:28 pm
    ----
Lynne, forwarded an adjusted copy of this image and some instructions for printing ... if you need anything else, you've got my information ... please let me know.

I'd love to post a copy of this image (before and after) here on the board, if you are willing.

Last edited by rfornal on Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:48 am; edited 1 time in total

#7: Re: Question regarding old photo Author: lynne PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:50 pm
    ----
rfornal wrote:
I'd love to post a copy of this image (before and after) here on the board, if you are willing.

Sure...go for it, Bob! Wink Smile

#8: Re: Question regarding old photo Author: rfornalLocation: Columbus, Ohio PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:28 pm
    ----

Before on the left, After on the right!

#9: Re: Question regarding old photo Author: lynne PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:31 pm
    ----
You did an awesome job, Bob...thank you so much! I'm so happy I have this picture. I'm still hoping to secure a few more! Wish me luck! Wink

-> Photo Swap and Fix It Shop