Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: web cam question
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: web cam question Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:55 pm
    ----
I want to send my cousin in Italy a web-cam so she can talk to my mom on skype. She is a student so she can't really buy one on her own right now. Does anyone know if an American web cam will work on an Italian computer? Of course, I know that all our computer are really Japenese and not American or Italian. LOL.

#2: Re: web cam question Author: gillaf1 PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:49 am
    ----
Where do you find a Japanese computer these days? I thought that they all come from China... I am not a computer expert, but if the web cam is powered by the computer it should work. If you have to plug it in make sure it will run on 240volts.

#3: Re: web cam question Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:11 am
    ----
I'll ask Simy since she's here to plug my web cam into her laptop and we'll see if that works (which I think it should) and will let you know. I do know though that you need to get a web cam compatible with her operating system (ie: Windows XP, Vista, etc) or the cam might fail.

#4: Re: web cam question Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:26 am
    ----
Thanks, Nuccia. That is the perfect solution to ask Simy. This question made me sad ebcause of course Carole would have known the answer Sad

-> General Discussion Groups