Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: html for dummies
-> PC Info and Guides

#1: html for dummies Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:47 am
    ----
I revised my spreadsheet of Ellis Island arrivals on my web site and I want to put the word revised in red. What is the html code for putting a word in red?

#2: Re: html for dummies Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:33 pm
    ----
In the heading of that page where it says..

<style type="text/css">
/*<![CDATA[*/
div.c3 {text-align: left}
div.c2 {text-align: center;}
li.c1 {list-style: none}
/*]]>*/
</style>

add this:

<style type="text/css">
/*<![CDATA[*/<style type="text/css">
span.blue {color:red;}
/*]]>*/
</style>

</head>
<body>

And then just before you wanted to add the word revised put this code and it will look like this:

Code::
<p>..... <span class="red">revised</span>.....</p>

<p>..... revised.....</p>

</body>
</html>

Let me know if you have any problems or if you need help.

Last edited by nuccia on Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:13 am; edited 1 time in total

#3: Re: html for dummies Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:23 pm
    ----
Thanks, Nuccia! I will wait until I am more awake and let you know what happens. LOL. It is amazing that now that I am familiar with surnames of Celenza, how many names were transcribed wrong when Ellis Island did their index of their web site. I fixed about a dozen names after looking at the actual manifests. I have lots more work to do, but that will have to do it for now Wink

#4: Re: html for dummies Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:47 pm
    ----
I know- I can pretty much do the same for Ardore but I won't be fixing them for quite a while. Let me know if you have anytrouble with the above instructions and I'll give you a hand.

#5: Re: html for dummies Author: rfornalLocation: Columbus, Ohio PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:06 am
    ----
WOW ... Nuccia, you're getting better than I am at the HTML ... awesome.

#6: Re: html for dummies Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:01 am
    ----
Thanks Bob- I was only able to figure this out because of you and those lessons you gave a few years back. You know I love a challenge! kiss
How's Jen doing?

#7: Re: html for dummies Author: rfornalLocation: Columbus, Ohio PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:29 pm
    ----
Jen is doing wonderfully ... we'll be at 13 weeks this Sunday. It took us six years to get pregnant; had to happen while I am unemployed.

The Lord's got a plan ... much greater than I can imagine.

Everyone's well and happy!

-> PC Info and Guides