Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Postcard Translation
-> Translations

#1: Postcard Translation Author: grotteria PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:05 am
    ----
Can you please help me translate a postcard from my ancestors:

Cara moglie, mon tieniti di perfetta salute uniti ai bambini, lostesso aguro ai tusi genitori. Saluto a tutti in famiglia. Go sta bene tuo sposo.

Thanks!

#2: Re: Postcard Translation Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:13 am
    ----
Welcome to the forum! Someone will certainly help you, but I suggest that you post an image of the postcard, to ensure an accurate transcription and translation.

Btw my best understanding is the following:
Cara moglie = Dear wife
mon tieniti di perfetta salute uniti ai bambini = .... perfect health together with the children
lostesso aguro ai tusi genitori = I wish the same to your parents
Go is Ok your husband

#3: Re: Postcard Translation Author: grotteria PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:00 am
    ----
Thank you Livio for such a quick response!

I am uploading an image of the postcard, per your suggestion. I hope I'm successful. Smile

#4: Re: Postcard Translation Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:07 am
    ----
Cara moglie, mantieniti di perfetta salute uniti ai bambini, lostesso aguro ai tuoi genitori. Saluto a tutti in famiglia. Io sto bene tuo sposo.
Dear wife, keep yourself in perfect health together with the children, I wish the same to your parents. I greet everybody in the family. I am OK. Your husband

#5: Re: Postcard Translation Author: grotteria PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:27 am
    ----
Wow! Thank you, thank you!! This is very helpful. I had a rough idea about the translation, but am grateful for the true translation. You're amazing! Very Happy Thanks again. Kasey

#6: Re: Postcard Translation Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:48 am
    ----
You're welcome!

-> Translations