Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: New Member from Adelaide, South Australia
-> About Us

#1: New Member from Adelaide, South Australia Author: Ben_Tomlins PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:51 am
    ----
Hi All or should it be Ciao Tutti?

Started dabbling in genealogy thanks to what my dad had left behind of our English heritage and I married an Italian and have started my wife's side.

Just got back from 3 mths in Marche Region meeting all the family! I have interviewed all of them with my wife's help as she is fluent and have traced the grandparents families back another 2 generations but find myself at that pre-unification hurdle before 1860.

At the point now of attempting to write to the respective parishes but with a church on almost every block it is hard to find the right place it seems!

The family originates from around Castel Di Lama, Ascoli Piceno, Offida and Castignano areas - all AP (Marche)

Look forward to being involved in the forum and discovering my Italian side.

Ciao for now.

Ben

#2: Re: New Member from Adelaide, South Australia Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:57 pm
    ----
Hi Ben - Welcome. We look forward to having you here. Now I'm not very familiar with the area you are researching so you'll have to forgive me but would it not be easier to write to the Comune of Ascoli Piceno first or were records not maintained there at the time?

I'm sure you're familiar with the website but I will post the link anyway for reference..
www.provincia.ascoli-piceno.it/

#3: Re: New Member from Adelaide, South Australia Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:00 pm
    ----
Another site you might want to look at is the WW1 dead from the region. It may help fill in some missing ancestors..

www.cadutigrandeguerra...Form1.aspx

#4: Re: New Member from Adelaide, South Australia Author: charliemisLocation: Philadelphia PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:25 pm
    ----

this website may be helpful:

www.chiesacattolica.it...cchie.html

I have been to visit the area with my cousin who lives in San Benedetto del Tronto.....he took us to visit Offida (lace making) and Ascoli-Piceno...he is transplanted there from Foggia as he works on Natural Gas Platforms in the Adriatic (he is the Capo) and he departs from the Port of Ancona. The area is molto bello, especially along the coast.

good luck with your research......Marche was part of the Papal States

#5: Re: New Member from Adelaide, South Australia Author: charliemisLocation: Philadelphia PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:37 pm
    ----

Here is another website that might be even better than the 1st one that I posted:

www.parrocchie.it/inde...ie&id=

-> About Us