Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Related to Filippo DeAngelis - 'Camerlengo' ??
-> Central Italy

#1: Related to Filippo DeAngelis - 'Camerlengo' ?? Author: Ben_Tomlins PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:17 am
    ----
Hi Guys,

I think I hit a real hurdle (maybe)! I am concentrating on DeAngelis in Ascoli Piceno and another user mentioned the above person. He was the Head Cardinal in the Holy See for 10 years and is apparently buried in Fermo. I found a whole wiki page on him (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filippo_de_Angelis) but the other user suggests that he had siblings.

General concensus - would it be hard to get records related to him because of his status or is he treated as just another person with birth records etc??

Because birth date is pre 1860 it would be a case of writing to a church parish and when they see the name I don't know what the response may be?

Any thoughts

Ben

#2: Re: Related to Filippo DeAngelis - 'Camerlengo' ?? Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:45 pm
    ----
He should be treated as any other person so I would go ahead and try requesting the birth act for him - after all, what have you got to lose, right? You should offer a contribution with your request - just fold it in between the letter and then wait and see what happens. Let us know how you make out - this sounds interesting.

#3: Re: Related to Filippo DeAngelis - 'Camerlengo' ?? Author: Ben_Tomlins PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:31 am
    ----
Contribution? Drop in some cash? Do I get it in Euro or do I make out a cheque? What is the going rate ? Is this covered somewhere to read up on what others have done in the past?? A lot of questions I know!

Thanks Nuccia.

#4: Re: Related to Filippo DeAngelis - 'Camerlengo' ?? Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:40 pm
    ----
Cash is always best in my opinion and yes, treat it as a contribution. Don't send a cheque. As for the amount - it would depend on the amout of records you are requesting I suppose. Perhaps 20 dollars? Hopefully someone else will offer their opinion.

-> Central Italy