Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Happy Holidays!
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: Happy Holidays! Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:11 pm
    ----
Here's wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas and an even better New Year! Let's all hope that 2011 will hold all the joy and happiness that 2010 failed to give us.

And to all the people we lost this year -

We will always hold you close within our minds and hearts and pray that no matter where you are now you are happy and looking over all of us.

#2: Re: Happy Holidays! Author: ElevenLocation: New York PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:35 am
    ----
Merry Christmas, everyone.

#3: Re: Happy Holidays! Author: gillaf1 PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:20 am
    ----
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to All!!!

Very Happy

#4: Re: Happy Holidays! Author: MikeSavoca91 PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:39 am
    ----
Merry Christmas to all the Gente Family! May the holiday bring you all you deserve! Smile Fingers crossed that 2011 will be a much better year than 2010. Love you guys!

#5: Re: Happy Holidays! Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:51 am
    ----
Auguri a tutti!

#6: Re: Happy Holidays! Author: charliemisLocation: Philadelphia PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:27 am
    ----

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR

BUON NATALE E FELICE ANNO NUOVO

#7: Re: Happy Holidays! Author: uantitiLocation: Biella (Piedmont) and Venezia/Venice, Italy PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:03 pm
    ----
A very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all.

Ada

#8: Re: Happy Holidays! Author: LucaLocation: Terni - Italy PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:18 pm
    ----
Un sereno Natale a voi tutti.

Luca

#9: Re: Happy Holidays! Author: Cathy PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:11 pm
    ----
Forgive my tardiness...I have been quite busy! I hope everyone had a great Christmas!

#10: Re: Happy Holidays! Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:45 pm
    ----
Merry Christmas everyone. We are in the middle of the North East blizzard but it doesn't look so bad right now.

#11: Re: Happy Holidays! Author: Cathy PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:20 pm
    ----
Blizzard? How much snow did you get?

#12: Re: Happy Holidays! Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:17 am
    ----
I wanted snow for Christmas - instead we just got cold weather. Sad

#13: Re: Happy Holidays! Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:46 am
    ----
Sorry this is late for Christmas but I hope you all had a lovely time.

(SNOW / White Christmas??? right now I wish someone had given me a 'blowtorch' for Xmas and I would perhaps been able to melt a path down my driveway to let me out with my car. I've been unable to get my car out and down my driveway for almost 5 weeks.!!!- Only thing that is working overtime is my central heating boiler Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy !!

Wishing you all Good luck Good Health and Happiness for 2011 and there will always be a place in our hearts and minds for all our missing friends. they wil never be forgotten.

Love God Bless
Emmy xx

#14: Re: Happy Holidays! Author: ElevenLocation: New York PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:15 pm
    ----
Snow..dont even mention it. We had a blizzard yesterday and last night, that left us with at least 18 inches..with higher drifts. The wind howled all night long, like a wolf. I dont know how we didnt lose power..but even now, with the sun shining..we can still lose it. What they do here (semi rural area) is shut you off, so they can take branches off the power lines. One time, after an ice storm, they shut us off for 4 days. I had 10 people saying here with me, since we have a wood stove, my regular stove is propane, so I can cook and we had a pool to provide us with plenty of water to flush the toilet. When we lose power, we lose water..because we have a well, which is electrically run.

We no longer have the pool..so last Feb, when we were out for 2 days, I had to cook snow, to make flushing water. We finally decided, in the fall, to buy a generator, but with all of the holiday shopping, had no time to go out and look for one.

As soon as this stuff melts..I am going to drag the hubby out to get a generator. I dont mind the no lights, no tv, no computer, even no heat. I do, however, mind not being able to flush the toilet!!

#15: Re: Happy Holidays! Author: Poipu04Location: Connecticut PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:39 pm
    ----
I am not sure how much we got. My husband has been outside shoveling for maybe 2 hours or 2.5 hrs. I would say at least 10 inches, maybe a foot, but the thing that made it a blizzard, like eleven said, were the high winds. I think they got up to 50 mph. Our lights went off for a minute of two last night.

-> General Discussion Groups