Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Gigante from Capua
-> Where do I begin?

#1: Gigante from Capua Author: camillabellaLocation: Pittsburgh, PA PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:01 pm
    ----
Hi!

My paternal grandmother was one of the first Gigantes in her family to be born in the U.S. Her father, Carmine Gigante was born in Capua in 1861 and made several trips to the U.S. starting in 1896, becoming a citizen in 1901. I think I found all there is to find on ancestry.com, so I'd like to start looking for information from his birth place. I've been doing general searches on the name and the area on the Internet, which is how I found this site. I am now trying to plan my next steps and any advice would be greatly appreciated!

#2: Re: Gigante from Capua Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:18 am
    ----
If Hi Camille - welcome to Gente!

If you have exhausted all US documents then I would suggest your next step be to write to Italy and request records from the comune.

You may however prefer to search using the microfilms available (filmed by the LDS Church) at the family history center. They not only have the civil records for the comune but church records as well.

Civil Records - Registri dello stato civile di Capua (Caserta), 1809-1929
Church Records - Italy, Caserta, Capua - Church records

Title search results
Select a Family History Center to filter the results:
[ Family History Library (2) ]

Kirchenbuch, 1820-1825 Österreich. Armee. Garnisonsspital Cremona (Lombardie)

Kirchenbuch, 1821-1826 Österreich. Armee. Filialfeldspital 07

Are you familiar with how to order films and use the Family Search website? If not, let us know and we can walk you through it.

-> Where do I begin?