Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: DaRe question
-> Northern Italy

#1: DaRe question Author: VicDaRe PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:56 pm
    ----
Hi, I am new here and relatively new to genealogy as well. I am hitting a dead end as I have no idea about my grandfathers family. I understand DaRe is a popular name and this has not helped my cause!

If anyone can help or has knowledge about the DaRe's of Vittorio Veneto that would be wonderful. My grandfathers name was Ottavio and I know his mothers maiden name was Pier. He was born in Dresden Germany in the early 1900s, so at some point the family moved to Germany but then returned to Italy.

Also his cousins were the Casa Grande's, from the same area.

Again, any help would be wonderful!

#2: Re: DaRe question Author: cfbandit PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:02 pm
    ----
Hi Vic!

My great grandmother was Angela Da Re of Vittorio Veneto, so I'm a little bit (little) familiar with the family.

The Da Re family in Vittorio Veneto is quite large - the current mayor is even a Da Re! Have you checked out the new records from Familysearch.org? The civil registrations for Treviso have some records from Vittorio Veneto. Nothing's indexed yet, but there's a lot of fun to read the old documents.

Basically, what I would recommend to you to start with what you know, write it out, gather pictures, censuses, ship records, etc and then start to work your way back into Italy. Familysearch has some Vittorio Veneto data as I mentioned, and there's a few researchers in that area.

Concetta

#3: Re: DaRe question Author: VicDaRe PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:04 am
    ----
Wow thanks so much for responding! Actually, my great grandfather had a sister they called Angelina? Maybe the same person? My great grandfather was (I believe) Batiste DaRe. I will definitely check it out. I hit a wall with my research but this might help. Thanks again!

-> Northern Italy