Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Introduction
-> About Us

#1: Introduction Author: amberLocation: Wisconsin PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:23 pm
    ----
I have begun the journey of trying to research my Italian ancestors.
My name is Amber and I am from WI. My Italian relatives live in Dayton, OH and Rome, NY.

I hope to fill in some missing info for my family.

Thank you so much for sharing your resources and knowledge!

Amber

#2: Re: Introduction Author: martyadelfio PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:47 pm
    ----
Hi and Welcome!! Just leave some names dates and places here online and start with the US census and work you way back

Marty

#3: Re: Introduction Author: charliemisLocation: Philadelphia PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:28 pm
    ----
amber wrote:
I have begun the journey of trying to research my Italian ancestors.
My name is Amber and I am from WI. My Italian relatives live in Dayton, OH and Rome, NY.

I hope to fill in some missing info for my family.

Thank you so much for sharing your resources and knowledge!

Amber

Welcome.....you can use Ancestry.com (also available in many local libraries for free) to find the US Census data:

www.ancestry.com/?o_xi..._lid=21837

you can use the Ellis Island website to locate ships' manifests:

www.ellisisland.org/ge.../index.asp

You need to create a free account there to access the data.

The Stephen Morse site makes finding records at Ellis Island much easier:

www.jewishgen.org/data...gold.html?

After that, you are ready to tackle Italian records....happy hunting. Smile

#4: Re: Introduction Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:13 am
    ----
Hi Amber. Welcome. Is there anything we can help you with? I notice your surnames are part of your signature - where in Italy are you ancestors from?

#5: Re: Introduction Author: amberLocation: Wisconsin PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:15 pm
    ----
Thanks everyone for the welcome.

Nuccia: My family is still in contact with some relatives in Giulianova. I am unsure where the Petinelli's are from. The Mercuri's are from Calabria.. maybe Nicastro.

I have already joined ancestry.com and dug up some info. I'll be sure to post about it in the next few days.

Thanks again for the welcome!

#6: Re: Introduction Author: Biff83Location: Florida PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:45 pm
    ----
Welcome to the Gente Family!

Let's us know how we might be of help.

Best,
Biff

#7: Re: Introduction Author: JB5150Location: Florida PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 11:30 pm
    ----
Hi Amber,

One of the names that I'm researching in my family is Mercurio. Is there any chance that your Mercuris were once Mercurios? My Great-grandmother Filomena Mercurio was born in Gioia Tauro in Reggio Calabria.

-> About Us