Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Acquisition of citizenship
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: Acquisition of citizenship Author: replay PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:18 pm
    ----
I've got confused----->
maybe somebody knows, whether judicial recognition of paternity have relation to "' Italian citizenship can be automatically acquired:1) By filiation (birth to an Italian parent) refers; this is consistent with the principle of jus sanguinis.)?

there's court decision of Tribunali per i minoreni di bologna ,wich says that XXXX(Italian) is the father of the child(born abroad). How after a judicial recognition of paternity start process of acquisition of italian citizenship to baby-resident abroad ?As well as passport? where to begin official registration of papers ?
thank's

#2: Re: Acquisition of citizenship Author: gillaf1 PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:18 am
    ----
If you haven't been there yet, I'd check out Expats in Italy. There is plenty of information on the front page and in the forums on how to have your Italian citizenship recognized, get your citizenship back, become a citizen after living in Italy, etc!

Good luck!

#3: Re: Acquisition of citizenship Author: replay PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:29 am
    ----
thank's for an answer. i think i've to hire a lawyer . cause situation is extraordinary - the acquisition of citizenship after recognition of paternity in court- procedure is rarely found in Italy with the participation of a foreign child (birth to an Italian parent).

#4: Re: Acquisition of citizenship Author: gillaf1 PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:08 am
    ----
I'd still look at Expats. If you go through the threads you will become aware of some lawyers to avoid and some that actually produced for their clients. Also, you will see all kinds of scenarios that other have gone through to obtain their citizen via an uninterrupted bloodline to Italy. If your time is more valuable than the legal fees then go with a lawyer. Finally, It would be nice if you post your results on Expats to maybe help others in your particular situation.

If you can trace your parents back to Italy and meet the timing retirements you will be okay. My family for example - my grandfather was born in Naples, my father in NYC (before his father became a citizen of the USA), I was born to my father. Based on that all I need are tons of papers to file and have my Italian citizenship recognized.

Auguri!

-> General Discussion Groups