Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Red Star Line Contest - I'm a finalist!!
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: Red Star Line Contest - I'm a finalist!! Author: JB5150Location: Florida PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:11 am
    ----
Hi Everyone,

Although this doesn't specifically have to do with *Italian* genealogy, it is genealogy-related so I figured that some of you may be interested.

Here are the details:

The Red Star Line and the city of Antwerp are sponsoring a contest to promote the opening of the Red Star Line’s new museum in Belgium. Although millions traveled on the Red Star Line, the image of one young girl, with a ticket in hand, has inspired a nationwide search to not only discover her identity, but bring her story to life. Ten contest finalists will be
asked to symbolically convey the story of the girl's life (in one paragraph) with "fans" voting on the best story for the grand prize, a trip to the museum opening in Antwerp.

So why am I telling you all about this? I'm one of the 10 contest finalists and would appreciate it if you would consider voting for my essay! If you're interested, here's how you can vote:

1. "Like" the Red Star Line Facebook page here: on.fb.me/pAn0VN

2. Vote for the essay by Jill Barone (essay #3)

That's all!

Voting ends tomorrow (8/19) and I would really appreciate it if you would vote for me!

#2: Re: Red Star Line Contest - I'm a finalist!! Author: gillaf1 PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:25 am
    ----
I was all set to vote, but they wanted permission to access all of my info. I've made it a policy to not allow that.

Sorry!!! Sad

-> General Discussion Groups