Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Croatian and Italian Ancestors
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: Croatian and Italian Ancestors Author: BonnieAntichLocation: Colorado PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:33 pm
    ----
Hi,
I'm a very new member here and have only recently, in the past year, started working on my genealogy. Researching the "Antich" surname has it's challanges but I'm determined. My great grandfather Antich is mainly a huge blank right now....I'm sure he was Croatian. I am still trying to find out his name! My great grandmother's maiden name is Antoinette Rosillo and I found a little information on her in the 1930 NYC Census (Manhattan). Born in Yugoslovia 1884, Croatian and came to US in 1914. It was stated that she was married but also that she was the head of the household. My father say's that there was never a mention of him..ever! They had 4 children which she apparently raised on her own, one being my grandfather Kresimer Thomas Antich who passed away many years ago.....his 3 siblings were all female and I did just get information from my Dad regarding their married last names so I am working on all that right now...although I believe that none of them are still alive so I'm looking for their family's. Research on my Italian great grandparents (Traverso & Alfano from Southern Italy) will have to be on hold for now because I can't seem to let go of my quest to find my great grandfather Antich's name. I'm sending a request form to NYC to get my grandfather's birth certificate and hopefully his name will be revealed. I'm open to any suggestions regarding the long road I have ahead of me. Thanks!

#2: Re: Croatian and Italian Ancestors Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:29 am
    ----
Welcome Bonnie. Mike S. one of our youngest members (and one of our best researchers) has done some Croatian research. I think he might be able to help you. I'll message him.

#3: Re: Croatian and Italian Ancestors Author: BonnieAntichLocation: Colorado PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:05 am
    ----
Thanks for the response nuccia. I did see his posts and noticed that his grandmothers maiden name is the same as my great grandmothers. I was so excited that I immediately sent him a message in hopes that he may be able to shed some light on the Rosini surname.
Thanks so much!

#4: Re: Croatian and Italian Ancestors Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:13 am
    ----
That's great Bonnie. I heard from him during the night and said he would be answering you so keep us posted on your progress. Smile

#5: Re: Croatian and Italian Ancestors Author: MikeSavoca91 PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:53 pm
    ----
Welcome to Gente Bonnie! I sent you a message, and I hope that you will continue to post on your Italian side. There are many talented experts here, who would be more than willing to help you. I await your message!

-> General Discussion Groups