Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Where to start looking in Trabia, Sicily
-> Where do I begin?

#1: Where to start looking in Trabia, Sicily Author: lallen92 PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:24 am
    ----
I'll be going to Trabia later this year looking for info on Francesco LaBarbera and Guisppe Palma family. The family had gotten a letter several decades ago that said the 'court house' had a fire so they were only able to tell us about some of the family that stayed behind. Is Trabia a big area with several cemeteries or should I start with church records? I'm looking for guidance..... Thanks, Linda

#2: Re: Where to start looking in Trabia, Sicily Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:57 pm
    ----
What year were the people you are looking for born? You can order microfilm from the LDS for civil registration and research them at any family history of your choice since they are available

Registri dello stato civile di Trabia (Palermo), 1820-1910
familysearch.org/searc...m%2F458709

At least this way once you get to Italy you can look at Church records or fill in what you need.

#3: Re: Where to start looking in Trabia, Sicily Author: martyadelfio PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:28 pm
    ----
Like Nuccia has said there are great records from FHL of Trabia I have gone back to 1820 on the civil records and have had great luck here is a early record from 1842 you can look at

Marty

-> Where do I begin?