Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: LDS Film Titles?
-> Translations

#1: LDS Film Titles? Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:34 pm
    ----
This question about the meanings of LDS Film titles came up on another forum and Cathy and Nuccia came to the rescue.

Nacite - birth records
Matrimoni-marriage records
Morti-death records
Pubblicazione-marriage banns

Allegati-registering the act of marriage
What I would like to know is 'Processetti' something similar to 'Allegati'?

The other one was Diversi- you said this was late registration of births and deaths, is it possible that this document could also include late registration of marriage records? (Dont even know if its possible to have a late registration of a marriage document ? )
I do know there is one 'Diversi' film for Sant'Elia Fiumerapido and I'm still looking for a lost marriage document, just wondering, should I order it?

( Embarassed :oops: yes I'm going to own up- I thought it meant 'Divorce' Embarassed :oops:)

Emmy

#2: Re: LDS Film Titles? Author: CaroleLocation: Valtellina - Near Lake Como PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:49 pm
    ----
I would say 'Diversi' fits in with one of these explanations:
different, diverse, varied, various

Allegati means literally 'Enclosed/Included'

Processetti isn't a word - but it is similar to processo and so could be derived from:
processo
action, trial, proceedings (pl.): - civile, lawsuit (or civil proceedings).

I would say it refers to civil proceedings as opposed to legal (criminal) proceeedings. But it does need to be read in context to the item you are seeking to translate....
Processate for example means the process of a criminal trial!

#3: Re: LDS Film Titles? Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:04 pm
    ----
Thanks Carole
Processetti - is the actual word that's listed as the title of some of the films available from the LDS this is a link to the list. I've just noticed that it has the word+civile+ there too.
(I've also just noticed that the one for Diversi is no use to me either -wrong dates- too early)

www.familysearch.org/E...o+civile++

Emmy

#4: Re: LDS Film Titles? Author: Cathy PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:54 pm
    ----
Emmy, Processetti is like winning the lottery in terms of documents! It is the same as Allegatti. See the definition from a website:
processetti matrimoniali: documents required by the
civil authority for marriage (also called
allegati): birth certificates (atti di nascita) of
the spouses (and for when weddings took place only
at church: proof of baptism); death certificates
of deceased parents (atti di morte) (and when a
father was deceased, also the death certificate of
his father), since people, regardless of their
age, could not marry without parental consent;
summary of the marriage banns (pubblicazioni) with
testimony that they had been posted for the period
required by law; and for when weddings took place
only at church: a notation (indicazione) by the
parish priest that the wedding had taken place.
The decision of a Consiglio di famiglia also
belongs among the processetti.
Here is the website I took that from.CLICK HERE

It is a great resource.

I hope that helps.

#5: Re: LDS Film Titles? Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:33 am
    ----
Many Thanks Cathy
Once I get the correct date for my grandparents wedding I'll check the list and if the date is there I'll send for the Processetti film.
kiss
Emmy

#6: Re: LDS Film Titles? Author: Cathy PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:42 pm
    ----
Good luck with that Emmy. Have the scanner handy - if you are lucky, you may get Baptism records or the church's marriage record too. Do you read Latin? Shocked I would guess Jim Bianco can help you if you do get church records.

#7: Re: LDS Film Titles? Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 2:39 pm
    ----
Sad thing is Cathy at my FHC the only way I can copy documents is by taking a photograph with the flash off and because I only have a basic digital camera the images are not very good. I must add even if I bought myself 'super duper' camera I'd probably still not understand how to use the thing!! Crying or Very sad
Languages Question Confused :-
'Broad' Scots (Fifer) - Yes!
English- when necessary Wink
Italian - a wee bit of the dialect
French - Trying -VERY trying! My grandchildren have been trying to teach me how to say 'Sorry but I dont speak French' and I always get it wrong because I always want to add a wee bit Italian in the middle??!!
Latin- Not a hope while I'm on this Earth
But I will add- If I get the film (processetti) I wont let the language beat me, even if I have to copy it by hand, word by word, and post it here for all the clever people here to translate it for me Smile
Emmy

#8: Re: LDS Film Titles? Author: Cathy PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 4:02 pm
    ----
Oh, Emmy, that is too bad. Is there another location near you that may have a scanner? The first FHC had only a camera too, but I found another facility not too far away with better equipment (and better hours). It is much further away, but well worth the extra mileage!!

#9: Re: LDS Film Titles? Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:01 pm
    ----
The FHC I go to has lots of films on CD's but they are all for the county of Fife here in Scotland. When I begin to trace my mother's family I'll be able to get things either printed out or on CD's but because I only have the films from USA they dont have the modern equipment to transfer the data.
The one I go to is about 30 minutes drive from where I stay and I dont like driving so to go another FHC i.e. Edinburgh/Glasgow it would mean I'd be away all day - just not practical.
At the one I go to the staff are so nice but cant help me much because they dont understand Italian. Sad
Emmy

-> Translations