Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: LOOKING FOR FAMILY IN REGGIO CALABRIA ( BIRTH CERTIFICATES)
-> Where do I begin?

#1: LOOKING FOR FAMILY IN REGGIO CALABRIA ( BIRTH CERTIFICATES) Author: giovanni_408 PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:57 pm
    ----
im trying to desperately find my great grandparents birth certificates, my great grandmother is from reggio calabria and my great grandfather is from vitoria sicily, i have both of their complete names as well as their parents ( my great great grandparents) i have a couple of documents aswell from each and i need to find this or maybe a registry from their cities where i can find more documents on them.

Great grandmother : Anna Maria Gramuglia
-mother : Conceta Antanucci
- Father : Vicente Gramuglia

Great grandfather : Joao Capetina (Capetini)
- Mother : Anna Capetina (Capetini)
- Father : Joao Baptista Capetina (Capetini)

please email me at ( Giovanni_408 @ hotmail.com) with any information
thank you.
URGENT!!

#2: Re: LOOKING FOR FAMILY IN REGGIO CALABRIA ( BIRTH CERTIFICATES) Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:37 am
    ----
Is your great grandmother from the province of Reggio Calabria or the city? What records have you obtained so far? The best way to find the correct city of birth for your ancestors is to start with yourself and work backwards. By collecting the documents which pertain to the previous generations (such as birth, marriage, death,) eventually it will list the place of birth for your great grandparents - assuming of course you are referring to only Italian records.

#3: Re: LOOKING FOR FAMILY IN REGGIO CALABRIA ( BIRTH CERTIFICATES) Author: giovanni_408 PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:15 pm
    ----
nuccia wrote:
Is your great grandmother from the province of Reggio Calabria or the city? What records have you obtained so far? The best way to find the correct city of birth for your ancestors is to start with yourself and work backwards. By collecting the documents which pertain to the previous generations (such as birth, marriage, death,) eventually it will list the place of birth for your great grandparents - assuming of course you are referring to only Italian records.

im pretty sure shes from the city, but im not 100% certain, i have a couple of death records and marriage records, but none really say where they're from, all i know is shes from reggio calabria, and he is from vitoria sicily, i can maybe email the documents so you could help me? its mainly in portuguese but nothing google translate cant handle i guess

#4: Re: LOOKING FOR FAMILY IN REGGIO CALABRIA ( BIRTH CERTIFICATES) Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:17 pm
    ----
Yes, email them to me. Shoot me an email using this feedback form and I'll send you me email (sorry but trying to keep the spammers away).

Calabria Exchange Feedback

Last edited by nuccia on Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

#5: Re: LOOKING FOR FAMILY IN REGGIO CALABRIA ( BIRTH CERTIFICATES) Author: giovanni_408 PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:14 am
    ----
nuccia wrote:
Yes, email them to me. Shoot me an email using this feedback form and I'll send you me email (sorry but trying to keep the spammers away).

www.calabriaexchange.c...dback.html

i sent and email through that link i dont know if youve seen it or got it.

#6: Re: LOOKING FOR FAMILY IN REGGIO CALABRIA ( BIRTH CERTIFICATES) Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:52 pm
    ----
I got it an emailed you you back.

#7: Re: LOOKING FOR FAMILY IN REGGIO CALABRIA ( BIRTH CERTIFICATES) Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:32 pm
    ----
I'm *thinking*, after looking at a few different sites that there is a possibility that Anna Maria (or the Gramuglia's) may have come from Bagnara, Reggio Calabria. That's where it appears the surname Gramuglia is most common other than in Pianopoli, Catanazaro so you may want to write a letter to the Comune in Bagnara or to the Reggio Calabria Archives requesting information. Write the letter in Italian.

Just a word of advice: Vincente would actually be Vincenzo; Joao Baptista would be Gia:Battista (or Giambabttista or Giovanbattista)

#8: Re: LOOKING FOR FAMILY IN REGGIO CALABRIA ( BIRTH CERTIFICATES) Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:47 am
    ----
Here are the links to the images - can anyone help?
www.gentedimareitalian..._Birth.pdf
www.gentedimareitalian...rt_ID2.pdf
www.gentedimareitalian...0Death.pdf

#9: Re: LOOKING FOR FAMILY IN REGGIO CALABRIA ( BIRTH CERTIFICATES) Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:11 am
    ----
www.gentedimareitalian..._Birth.pdf
Birth certificate
Zuleika Capetina born 16 Jun 1935 daughter of João [Giovanni] Capetina (son of João Baptista [Giovani Battista] Capetina and of Anna Capetina) and of Maria Gramuglia (daughter of Vicente [Vincenzo] Gramuglia] and Concetta Antonucci)

Id Card for foreigners
João [Giovanni] Capetina born in Vitoria Italy 1 March 1888, son of João Baptista [Giovani Battista] Capetina and of Anna Capetina

Death Certificate
João [Giovanni] Capetina, aged 98, son of João Baptista [Giovani Battista] Capetina and of Anna Capetina, born in Vitoria Italia, died 9 Apr 1986
Widower of Anna Maria Gramuglia (married on 9 Apr 1912 in Botucatu, Brazil) Father of Palmira 69, Izolina 67, Alvaro 65, Ophelia 60, Adelina 58, Ramito 55 and Zuleika 53

(Same as above)

Death Certificate
Anna Maria Gramuglia, aged 78, born in Italy daughter of Vicente [Vincenzo] Gramuglia] and Concetta Antenuci, died Jan 10 1973
Wife of João [Giovanni] Capetina Mother of Ernesto, Parlmira, Izolina, Alvaro, Ofelia, Adelina, Ramiro, Zuleika

The only Italian location mentioned is Vitoria , which does not exist. I believe it is Vittoria (2 t) in Sicily.

#10: Re: LOOKING FOR FAMILY IN REGGIO CALABRIA ( BIRTH CERTIFICATES) Author: giovanni_408 PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:39 pm
    ----
liviomoreno wrote:
http://www.gentedimareitaliangenealogy.org/Gio/Maria_Birth.pdf
Birth certificate
Zuleika Capetina born 16 Jun 1935 daughter of João [Giovanni] Capetina (son of João Baptista [Giovani Battista] Capetina and of Anna Capetina) and of Maria Gramuglia (daughter of Vicente [Vincenzo] Gramuglia] and Concetta Antonucci)

Id Card for foreigners
João [Giovanni] Capetina born in Vitoria Italy 1 March 1888, son of João Baptista [Giovani Battista] Capetina and of Anna Capetina

Death Certificate
João [Giovanni] Capetina, aged 98, son of João Baptista [Giovani Battista] Capetina and of Anna Capetina, born in Vitoria Italia, died 9 Apr 1986
Widower of Anna Maria Gramuglia (married on 9 Apr 1912 in Botucatu, Brazil) Father of Palmira 69, Izolina 67, Alvaro 65, Ophelia 60, Adelina 58, Ramito 55 and Zuleika 53

(Same as above)

Death Certificate
Anna Maria Gramuglia, aged 78, born in Italy daughter of Vicente [Vincenzo] Gramuglia] and Concetta Antenuci, died Jan 10 1973
Wife of João [Giovanni] Capetina Mother of Ernesto, Parlmira, Izolina, Alvaro, Ofelia, Adelina, Ramiro, Zuleika

The only Italian location mentioned is Vitoria , which does not exist. I believe it is Vittoria (2 t) in Sicily.

yes, its vittoria sicily, its just in portuguese(brazil) so its written differently.

#11: Re: LOOKING FOR FAMILY IN REGGIO CALABRIA ( BIRTH CERTIFICAT Author: giovanni_408 PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:56 am
    ----
NUCCIA

do you have emails of any consumes in reggio or vittoria? so that i can try to contact them and try to see where i can find their birth certificates

#12: Re: LOOKING FOR FAMILY IN REGGIO CALABRIA ( BIRTH CERTIFICATES) Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:02 am
    ----
Comune di Vittoria
Servizi Demografici
Via Bixio 66
97019 Vittoria RG
Italy

email: dirigente.demografici @ comunevittoria.gov.it (no spaces)

Comune di Reggio Calabria
Servizi Demografici
Via Torrione Prolungamento 2/N
89123 Reggio Calabria
Italy

email: servizidemografici @ comune.reggio-calabria.it (no spaces)

-> Where do I begin?