Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Need Help in Translating Marriage Record
-> Translations

#1: Need Help in Translating Marriage Record Author: handstitchlady PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:06 am
    ----
Would someone be able to help me in translating this marriage record? Very new to this.

#2: Re: Need Help in Translating Marriage Record Author: Biff83Location: Florida PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:39 pm
    ----
Here's a try based on what I can read from the marriage doc.

In the year 18 hundred forty ?, on the ? day of July at the hour of fifteen (3 PM) before me ? ? the mayor and official of the vital records office in the town of Decollatura in the district of Nicastro appeared Giuseppe Cerra Maggiore (not sure what the Maggiore signifies), 23 years old, born in Decollatura, of the profession laborer, living in ?, son of the deceased (fu) Domenico and of Teresa Cerra living in ?, and appeared Cecilia Molinaro Maggiore, 22 years old, born in Decollatura, of the profession ?, daughter of Antonio of the profession ?, living in Decollatura and the deceased Agata ? ?.

Hopefullly someone else can read what I couldn't.

Biff

#3: Re: Need Help in Translating Marriage Record Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:55 pm
    ----
My two cents, in red:

Biff83 wrote:
Here's a try based on what I can read from the marriage doc.

In the year 18 hundred fortysix, on the 17? day of July at the hour of fifteen (3 PM) before me ? ? the mayor and official of the vital records office in the town of Decollatura in the district of Nicastro appeared Giuseppe Cerra Maggiore (not sure what the Maggiore signifies -could be "of age"), 23 years old, born in Decollatura, of the profession laborer, living in Decollatura ("ivi"="in this place"), son of the deceased (fu) Domenico and of Teresa Cerra living with her son, and appeared Cecilia Molinaro Maggiore, 22 years old, born in Decollatura, of the profession ?, daughter of Antonio of the profession ?, living in Decollatura and the deceased Agata ? ?.

Hopefullly someone else can read what I couldn't.

Biff

#4: Re: Need Help in Translating Marriage Record Author: Biff83Location: Florida PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:06 pm
    ----
Thanks, Livio.

Handstichlady,

These online resources will help you to translate records.

Italian Extraction Guide

familyhistory.byu.edu/...efault.htm

Online Tutorials on Italian Records

www.familysearch.org/l...22Italy%22

Biff

#5: Re: Need Help in Translating Marriage Record Author: handstitchlady PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:41 pm
    ----
Thanks for all your help, especially the LDS guides. This will help a lot.

#6: Re: Need Help in Translating Marriage Record Author: Biff83Location: Florida PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:05 pm
    ----
If you need help in the future or have any questions, let us know.

Biff

#7: Re: Need Help in Translating Marriage Record Author: Biff83Location: Florida PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:08 pm
    ----
Cecilia's mother's name:
Agata Rosa Scalese

And birth:
6 Mar 1824

From Decollatura Birth Records on Family Search
Page 1
img850.imageshack.us/i...rthrec.jpg

Page 2
img11.imageshack.us/im...rthrec.jpg

Biff

-> Translations