Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Journal of an Italian Soldier from the 1880's
-> General Discussion Groups

#1: Journal of an Italian Soldier from the 1880's Author: Cathy PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:05 pm
    ----
I came across a site while looking for some information on the internet regarding soldiers in Italy's past. I came across the journal of a solder of the Italian army in the 1880's and found it interesting. Gives you his perspective. I thought I would share the link here:
www.roangelo.net/journal/

#2: Re: Journal of an Italian Soldier from the 1880's Author: rfornalLocation: Columbus, Ohio PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:21 pm
    ----
Cathy ... would you mind if I place the link into my Wiki ... here is the link to the wiki, you could add it, if you like ... WIKI HERE

#3: Re: Journal of an Italian Soldier from the 1880's Author: Cathy PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:32 pm
    ----
Actually Bob that is a great idea! That site not only explains the Italian documents well but gives translations for a lot the the numbers, professions and terms in the documents. I find it hard to beleive it took me this long to find it. I will try to put it in the Wiki. If I have trouble I will let you know.

#4: Re: Journal of an Italian Soldier from the 1880's Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:55 pm
    ----
Cathy,

You should be able to use the wiki..remeber the night we added all those links while on skype? Just take your time and follow the format in the links before..and use the preview button often..it helps. I also have lots more to add to the wiki.

#5: Re: Journal of an Italian Soldier from the 1880's Author: Cathy PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:57 pm
    ----
I registered last night but got a little in timidated and left before posting anything - it was late. I was not sure where to post it? Confused

#6: Re: Journal of an Italian Soldier from the 1880's Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:08 pm
    ----
Why not post them under Italian Records? Give it a shot, or Bob should be around soon and he'll walk you through it. I would help but it looks like I still have to wait a few hours to get my PC back and since I have the house to myself for the day I'm going to try and finish up a few things before it gets here.

#7: Re: Journal of an Italian Soldier from the 1880's Author: Cathy PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:14 pm
    ----
Don't forget to read the journal - it is very interesting. I know you will like it. It gets a little boring in second section but is worth continuing on. I was also a little amused because this solder spent a lot of time in the stockade!

#8: Re: Journal of an Italian Soldier from the 1880's Author: EmmyLocation: Scotland PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:51 pm
    ----
This is from WW2. This was one of the postcards my brother sent home.
It shows Italian Prisoners of War - No one knows who they were, it was one of the 'official' postcards that the British soldiers were allowed to buy to send home.

So sad!
(My brother was in Tripoli at that time)

Emmy

Last edited by Emmy on Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

#9: Re: Journal of an Italian Soldier from the 1880's Author: Cathy PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:54 pm
    ----
WOW! Very interesting - thanks so much for sharing that.

-> General Discussion Groups