Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Donato/Monteleone Plati, reggio Calabria
-> Where do I begin?

#31: Re: Donato/Monteleone Plati, reggio Calabria Author: Biff83Location: Florida PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:21 am
    ----
I'm seeing millenovecentouno
Rosaria Donato, presented by her father at the town hall on 16 Jul 1901. Born on 15 Jul 1901. Mother Amelia Gliozzi.

Still trying to decipher the handwriting on the other document relative to Francesco Donato. A bit late here in Florida. I'll take a closer look tomorrow.

Biff

#32: Re: Donato/Monteleone Plati, reggio Calabria Author: Donato PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:39 am
    ----
Thankyou Biff. Uno. I couldn't read that last number.

So, I had a great Aunt, older sister of my grandfather. Now I know Francesco and Amelia must have been married prior to 1901 so I will keep searching back.

My Italian is very poor but I think the other document could be saying that Francesco came from another town in Italy before settling in Plati?

#33: Re: Donato/Monteleone Plati, reggio Calabria Author: Biff83Location: Florida PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:10 pm
    ----
What I'm seeing.

On the 20th of January 1901 in the town hall of Plati appeared Francesco Donato, the son of an unknown father (di padre ignoto) and the deceased Teresa Donato, age 27, who stated he wanted to change his residence to Plati from Varapodio.

I don't believe that this is your Francesco since he stated his age as 29 on Rosaria's birth act from the same year.

Keep searching for Francesco and Amelia's marriage record which will take you back another generation.

Biff

#34: Re: Donato/Monteleone Plati, reggio Calabria Author: Donato PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:41 pm
    ----
Thankyou very much Biff. Awaiting more microfilms, which will hopefully contain the marriage notifications for Francesco and Amelia, and Paolo and Antonia.

Some of the films did not contain an index so I had to read all birth notices. Antonia seems to have become a very skilled midwife as her name appears on many birth certificates from the village.

-> Where do I begin?