Click Here to Print Page

Page Topic: Family Search
-> Resource Pages

#1: Family Search Author: Biff83Location: Florida PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:53 am
    ----
Does anyone know what's going on at Family Search? I'm unable to browse/view images from some of the Italian databases, specifically the Catanzaro records. I don't get it. Images are over 100 years old and I can't believe that the province has a problem with them being online.

Biff

#2: Re: Family Search Author: MikeSavoca91 PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:04 pm
    ----
I have been having the same problem with Messina records. I'm not sure of the specifics as to why we can't view them, but it is very annoying. I can't see why the provinces would have a problem with us seeing them. I guess it falls under the FHC agreement with them, but it really stinks. Sad

Mike

#3: Re: Family Search Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:21 am
    ----
What really annoys me is that they do not give any explanation (I even opened a case with them...). It's not very difficult to show a message saying something like "Image no more available because of the agreement with Italy" instead of "image not available"...

#4: Re: Family Search Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:20 am
    ----
I finally got an official answer on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Famil...ed_comment
" Ci dispiace per il disagio e riconfermiamo che le immagini degli Archivi di Stato, come da accordo con la Direzione Generale per gli Archivi, saranno visibili solo sul portale degli Antenati. Sempre secondo l'accordo siglato, le immagini non possono essere scaricate."
"We are sorry for the inconvenience and we confirm that the images of the State Archives, according to the agreement with the Direzione Generale per gli Archivi, will be visible only on the
portale degli Antenati (http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.it/il-portale). And based on that agreement the images cannot be downloaded."

#5: Re: Family Search Author: liviomorenoLocation: Rome (Italy) PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:41 am
    ----
MikeSavoca91 wrote:
I have been having the same problem with Messina records. I'm not sure of the specifics as to why we can't view them, but it is very annoying. I can't see why the provinces would have a problem with us seeing them. I guess it falls under the FHC agreement with them, but it really stinks. Sad

Mike
Messina is available on the Portale degli Antenati: www.antenati.san.benic...+italiano/

#6: Re: Family Search Author: nucciaLocation: Toronto, Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:00 am
    ----
There's so many stories going around that even Family Search can't give us a straight answer. I was told the images are owned by the custodians and therefore only available at Family History Centers or by special groups (which should include indexers who index over 900 pts in a quarter). Then we were told they are not even viewable at Family History Centers because of a problem. Why bother putting them up?

Thanks Livio for the answers - this really helps!

#7: Re: Family Search Author: MikeSavoca91 PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:58 pm
    ----
liviomoreno wrote:
MikeSavoca91 wrote:

Mike
Messina is available on the Portale degli Antenati: www.antenati.san.benic...+italiano/

Thanks Livio! That helps me Smile but I wish they would have just left the images on Family Search up just the same.

Mike

-> Resource Pages